got a 32" samsung led 6000series....want a new tv

AdamJT186

Standard Member
hiya iv had my samsung led 6000series for a while now and ive never been completly happy with it

i had a 20ish" tecknika before and that had a great picture but it was to small but now ive got a bigger tv i can see all of the jagged edges which makes games like gta4 and assassins creed 2 look rubbish which i understand bigger tvs do that but still..

so maybe im just being picky but has anyone got any ideas?
plasma or lcd or led?
i need a tv that,
-dosent get much motion
-below £1000
-dosent get a load of jagged edges!
-best quality just for picture (got sound system)

ive been told that Panasonic TH-42PZ80B is good, the Sony KDL32S3000 and the g10?

thanks

Last edited:

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
hiya iv had my samsung led 6000series for a while now and ive never been completly happy with it

i had a 20ish" tecknika before and that had a great picture but it was to small but now ive got a bigger tv i can see all of the jagged edges which makes games like gta4 and assassins creed 2 look rubbish which i understand bigger tvs do that but still..

ive been told that Panasonic TH-42PZ80B is good, the Sony KDL32S3000 and the g10?

thanks

Welcome to the Forums dude.

GTA4 looks pants anyways :)

So you have gone from a 20" Tecknika which had a great picture, to an Led Samsung 6000 series which you aint happy with because it's bigger, yet you want to go bigger again :confused:

Have you looked into messing with your Samsung settings to get the picture better? This can make a load of difference, like night and day between 'Game' mode on a Samsung and 'Custom' settings. I'm sure there is a thread for your TV with some recommended settings on in this here forums, best to check that. :smashin:

King Tones

Distinguished Member
How have you got it connected ?
The Samsung should blow the Technica out the water I would of thought :confused:

Deftones

Mikepriester

Distinguished Member
How have you got it connected ?
The Samsung should blow the Technica out the water I would of thought :confused:

Deftones

I know, crazy innit. Must be something wrong somewhere to not be impressed with the pic on the Sammy compared with the Tesco's... sorry, Technica :rolleyes:

Assasins Creed 2 should look amazing on it :thumbsup:

I've tried to find you some settings/thread but without the proper model number, I'm out of luck (and time).

Last edited:

AdamJT186

Standard Member
yea ive use a couple of the settings people have suggested but dosent really help at all

and btw the tvs i was showing i didnt look at the size so sorry for confusion

i doubt im ever gonna be happy with this tv so can anyone help me out, if i go smaller i dont want it to much smaller, the only problem i have is the jagged edges

AdamJT186

Standard Member
oyea and another thing my xbox is set to 1080i but when i change it to 1080p it looks worse anyone know why? its a 1080p tv

Last edited:

SixNineFourSixSeven

My brother has a toshiba lcd but has an old gen xbox (minus hdmi) he gets a better pic with VGA then component so change inputs is one route.
Settings are a defo ! play about with these.
Also a game encoded in 720p will look terrible if your setting the xbox to upscale to 1080i & seeing as
your samsung is 1080p again your tv will upscale the 1080i to 1080p that an image that has been upscaled x3 by 2 different pieces of equipment.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom