1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got 42pv500 Today Not Sure About Noise

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johnhy, Oct 20, 2005.

1. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    As it says above got plasma today great pic happy with that but there's definatley the whistling noise coming mostly from right speaker (as u look)
    I know there's posts about this but can't find definate answer is this normal or do I fone JL for replacement
    thanks

2. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check the audio settings (bass, treble etc) are not set to high or low on the tv, and check its definately not a source problem.....but if dispite this its noticeable whilst you are viewing your tv then there is something wrong...better to get it sorted now than later with your retailer johnhy....I have the same tv and it sounds gr8....definately no whistling and you should not expect any less than gr8 sound as well as picture from that tv...good luck

3. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    No ive disconnected all leads etc and settings are ok,
    JL are replacing it next week so fingers crossed

4. iangilroy

iangilroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a whistling 42PV500 delivered last Saturday. I phoned JL on Sunday and had a replacement delivered today. The new one is fine :thumbsup:

I've bought my last 4 TVs from JL - all on price matches - and this is the first time that I needed to call them. They organized the replacement on the phone without any hassle; I'd recommend them to anyone based on my experiences thus far.

At the other end of the scale, my father bought a 36" CRT from an internet retailer last Xmas and saved about £200 off the normal retail price. It had horrible solarization problems. It took 2 months, 2 visits from engineers, countless phone calls and a lot of hassle to get a replacement sorted out.

5. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    yeah they really are great about changing thingsm so glad ive got my 5 year warranty, cause you never know. Lots of people on here buying with just 1 year warranty, i didnt want to chance it.

6. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    i take it your new one is ok tscotsman?
    Have you any issues concerning buzzing etc - how much can you hear?

7. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    nothing wrong with it and there was nothing wrong with the old one, it was my stupid mistake.

As far as the buzzing goes, i hear nothing in normal viewing or when the sound is turned all the way down, so perfectly happy.