Gordons' not very popular at the moment, is he?

Logo Hater

Established Member
Reaction score
I have mentioned before that I am semi retired but work just mornings at a local petrol station, taking payment for fuel and sundry goods sold in the shop.

This gives me access to lots of people, many regulars who I have got to know reasonably well. We are not a really busy garage so I get lots of chances to chat to some of the customers. It has become apparant over the last few days, notably since the last budget, that Gordon Brown is not very well liked. I would go so far as to say that the dislike is turning into loathing.

If he were to become Prime Minister there are lots of my customers who will be somewhat less than happy. I can honestly say that I have not yet spoken to anyone who actually wants him as Prime Minister, and it's becoming fairly certain that if he were, then the government can look forward to a crushing defeat at the next election.

Rubbish, IMO.

It's ok saying someone's poor, but when you don't suggest a superior replacement, well that says it all, IMO.

Cameron? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Please :rolleyes:

I have mentioned before that I am semi retired but work just mornings at a local petrol station, taking payment for fuel and sundry goods sold in the shop.

This gives me access to lots of people, many regulars who I have got to know reasonably well. We are not a really busy garage so I get lots of chances to chat to some of the customers. It has become apparant over the last few days, notably since the last budget, that Gordon Brown is not very well liked. I would go so far as to say that the dislike is turning into loathing.

If he were to become Prime Minister there are lots of my customers who will be somewhat less than happy. I can honestly say that I have not yet spoken to anyone who actually wants him as Prime Minister, and it's becoming fairly certain that if he were, then the government can look forward to a crushing defeat at the next election.

So who are they saying they trust to do a better job and what is their reason for this loathing?

Is it because he's got a miserable face?

So who are they saying they trust to do a better job and what is their reason for this loathing?

I don't know who they would prefer in his place, I haven't asked them. I just let them rant.

However there are two specific areas in which he is heavily criticised, pensions being the main one. There are a lot of people who are retired and are really not happy with his decision to take all that money from the pension pots they had contributed to. He really shouldn't have upset the pensioners, they are the ones most likely to vote......... Oh! that's me then.:hiya: :hiya:

The second affects quite a few of what are thought of as small business men. There is one in particular who may not survive because of the tax changes he introduced in his last budget. I am not an accountant (so I don't understand the details) but I know he increased his tax burden, and he isn't at all happy.

Or someone who has delivered and overerseen the highest rate of personal taxation this country has ever seen?
Or someone who appears to have scuppered most people's pensions except his own and other public workers?
Or someone who voted to back-date pension entitlements for MPs?
Or being a Scottish MP in influencing policy on England but not Scotland?
Or having the funniest drop-jaw mannersim of speech as he pauses mid sentence?

I don't know who they would prefer in his place, I haven't asked them. I just let them rant.

However there are two specific areas in which he is heavily criticised, pensions being the main one. There are a lot of people who are retired and are really not happy with his decision to take all that money from the pension pots they had contributed to. He really shouldn't have upset the pensioners, they are the ones most likely to vote......... Oh! that's me then.:hiya: :hiya:

The second affects quite a few of what are thought of as small business men. There is one in particular who may not survive because of the tax changes he introduced in his last budget. I am not an accountant (so I don't understand the details) but I know he increased his tax burden, and he isn't at all happy.

Strangely enough, I work with a lot of not political, but definitely politically minded people.
In fact, truth is, I probably seek them out.
And I've heard no-one complain about GB :confused:

I'd say the general consensus now, really is total apathy.

More and more cameras and big brother, seems to be the biggest moan.
That and the fact that car users are being fleeced blind.

People don't want to vote Conservative, are fed up of Labour and the Lib Dems haven't been in the public eye enough (Ming is really quiet compared to Kennedy).

Who to vote for? Who knows..

The labour party and it's leaders could start eating babies in baps, and still there would be people who would vote for them over the Tories due to an ingrained loathing for them.

I mean illegal wars, cash for honours, education and health care in crisis with billion wasted, pensions flushed down the drain whilst being embroiled in extra marital affairs, conmen and bribary.......

..... this labor goverment couldn't manage a pee up in a brewery, they are too busy peeing down everyones backs.
I dispise Tony Blair for the way he in my opinion has destroyed our international reputation in a vein attempt to get himself into the history books ... but for as much as I do dispise him .... I hate Gordon Brown more.
I'd rather have a dead pideon running the country.

well if you think tony was bad wait till gordon steps in he'll be the worse pm in history

Can we just forget about what the Tories have done/would do and just stick to what this lot have done to the country over the last 10 years? I think they are the most despicable bunch of liars,cheats and shysters we've ever had. The electorate won't necessarily vote the Tories in because they love them at the next election but I do know they'll vote Labour out because they hate them.

I agree, it's a bit rich after what we have seen of 'new' labout to still call the Tories the 'nasty' party...........they've taken sleaze to a whole new level. IMHO of course.

Blair/Brown would be almost the same. Complete disaster.

Cameron is all spin and no substance, a real paper tiger.

Campbell is useless and ineffective.

There is no-one to vote for!

Can we just forget about what the Tories have done/would do and just stick to what this lot have done to the country over the last 10 years? I think they are the most despicable bunch of liars,cheats and shysters we've ever had. The electorate won't necessarily vote the Tories in because they love them at the next election but I do know they'll vote Labour out because they hate them.

My vote will sill go for Labour for I see no credible alternative and I certainly wouldnt apply some of the nonsense that is being spouted in here about the government who have more postives than negatives to their name - mostly on the economy . Step in Mr Brown
The sleaze attacks have been grossly exagerated by a media that is so biased and incapable of being even handed that it can only be called Right wing propaganda. It should definitely be regulated so that news are printed objectively without any slant whatsoever.

Mr Brown inherited a "golden" economy, he didn't create it. And despite this he has totally wasted it.

Mr Brown inherited a "golden" economy, he didn't create it. And despite this he has totally wasted it.

Golden?? worst recession since the thirties! Clarke began to turn it round thats all and Brown continued to build it so its now one of the strongest in Europe

Golden?? worst recession since the thirties! Clarke began to turn it round thats all and Brown continued to build it so its now one of the strongest in Europe

If Mr Brown dropped his pants and took a poo on your door step you'd tell us all how great his new free garden fertilizer policy was ;)

The electorate won't necessarily vote the Tories in because they love them at the next election but I do know they'll vote Labour out because they hate them.
Only if they bother voting at all, which is becoming increasingly unlikely going by the falling turnout figures. I've heard nothing recently that would inspire me to do so.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom