Gordon ramsey Kitchen Nightmares

luke_1983uk

yeah i know gutted i missed it too! i thought it was going to be repeated on more4 but it wasnt

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Most of it was a repeat of last year's show, until the last 15 mins or so where they showed what has happened since Gordon last visited.

bluevortex

my sister and brother in law were in last weeks show!
It was a repeat of the one in Inverness, Gordon was out on the street asking people what they thought of the menu, he stopped them.

Blue

DVD-Man

This is a great show, no wonder the op is in the dog house.

Looks like back to normal this week for GR, plenty of F etc etc! LOL

Liam

redwing

I do really like this show and always watch but those revisisted ones are a bit of a con.

They more or less show the whole thing again .

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Isn't tomorrow night's another repeat one - he's going back to Momma's kitchen (can't think of the exact name) which was brilliant last time and has gone down hill a bit! :smashin:

Mac User

One of the best shows on TV.. Ramsey is great

redwing

Isn't tomorrow night's another repeat one - he's going back to Momma's kitchen (can't think of the exact name) which was brilliant last time and has gone down hill a bit! :smashin:

that the one with the american cooking spare ribs and what not ? i liked that one too .

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
that the one with the american cooking spare ribs and what not ? i liked that one too .
that's the one. It was all American / Caribbean type stuff - looked very tasty. Anyway, I think he goes back there and finds all is not well. Don't like these programmes as much as the ones where he goes from scratch - the one with the Liverpool girls was the best this series.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
that's the one. It was all American / Caribbean type stuff - looked very tasty. Anyway, I think he goes back there and finds all is not well. Don't like these programmes as much as the ones where he goes from scratch - the one with the Liverpool girls was the best this series.
Agree that was class - especially when the younger sister was throwing a strop. Probably too busy doing her makeup! :devil:

stealther

Novice Member
Me and the mrs been enjoying this series looking forward to tonights revisit as it is our favourite one the Mamma Cherris Soul Food Shack in Brighton! Were even planning to go there next time were in Brighton well depending on what happens tonight.

Thought the Scouse sister was pathetic!

C

Cynthia 7

Like Abbeygoo, I also thought tonight's episode was a repeat; no mention of it being so in Radio Times, so I presume it's a new one.

Our son, who lives in Brighton, went there when it was chaotic and a bit rough, but the food was tasty. He went with my husband a few months ago and found it very different. Food still good though. Brighton's brilliant for good food, we can never decide where to go.

stealther

Novice Member
Like Abbeygoo, I also thought tonight's episode was a repeat; no mention of it being so in Radio Times, so I presume it's a new one.

Our son, who lives in Brighton, went there when it was chaotic and a bit rough, but the food was tasty. He went with my husband a few months ago and found it very different. Food still good though. Brighton's brilliant for good food, we can never decide where to go.
Its only a repeat in the sense that they show most of the old show and then at the end give u an update in whats been happening:)

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Yeah not so much a repeat as an update. The first 45 minutes or so are from the first programme with an update at the end - good but not ideal viewing.

Rawschach

this is a total con by C4. The kitchen nightmares series is very entertaining but the 'updates' are a waste of time. Surely the original episode could be summed up in 10 mins and then have a proper new programme for the rest?

The one last night was an ideal example of how poo the idea is. I watched the last 10 mins and it was quite good, the place had moved totally away from where it had been going right and Ramsey had his angry head on. The resulting turnaround was rushed way too much and just seemed pointless.

Cheap tv. Repeat a previous programme and glue on 10 mins of new content. Cheap and easy. Like a reheated piece of chicken with some sauce on it.

They should call it 'ultimate edition' like some of the con dvd 'updates' that get shoved out every now and then. Same principal.

RHCP

Novice Member
I spoke to Sandy on the phone, the Mum from the Liverpool episode, i was going to book for New Years Eve, but she said that it was a gourmet buffet for £45 a head. No sit down meal. Just heard us all in like cattle and eat a quayles egg on toast. :eek:

redwing

this is a total con by C4. The kitchen nightmares series is very entertaining but the 'updates' are a waste of time. Surely the original episode could be summed up in 10 mins and then have a proper new programme for the rest?

The one last night was an ideal example of how poo the idea is. I watched the last 10 mins and it was quite good, the place had moved totally away from where it had been going right and Ramsey had his angry head on. The resulting turnaround was rushed way too much and just seemed pointless.

Cheap tv. Repeat a previous programme and glue on 10 mins of new content. Cheap and easy. Like a reheated piece of chicken with some sauce on it.

They should call it 'ultimate edition' like some of the con dvd 'updates' that get shoved out every now and then. Same principal.

I agree it is a repeat with a small update at the end . Rather than teh other way round IMO . It would be better to have a whole show 5 mins reminders then 20 mins on the update and have a couple of them per show.

I do like the series though just prefer the original ones . Its interesting to see how the people change too once there restaurant becomes a success .As in teh £45 per head Liverpool buffett lol

(anyone else ever not actually want some of them to succeed :devil: mabye its just me lol ) Mammas was different i wanted that to work they took aboard the advice they didnt stick to it but hopefully just a relapse.

Rawschach

surely every struggling restaurant now realises that you need to bin your menus and start doing

'good old fashioned rustic food.. using local produce...'

Ramsey is top class entertainment but his advise does not seem to change much!!! Perhaps the publicity of being on tv also helps business???