1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gordon please help ! Or anyone !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jas, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Jas

Jas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sony wh10 won"t sync on rgb signals from my dvd player or my sky digi box. Cables in use are ixsos , scart to 3 phono rgb, 10 meters long.
    However i have since converted the scart from the dvd player into 3 phonos and used the component connection instead , this works perfectly and have since purchased a progressive scan dvd player to maximise the signal on my ntsc dvd collection.
    But this still leaves me the problem with the sky connection as the only option is rgb scart. my cables are sunk into wall so how can i resolve the problem with out distroying my plaster.
    Is the problem about the cable length / voltage? But the same cable length works ok on component!
    Is there a rgb to component convertor available?

Any help would be welcome

2. Big Jim

Big Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe you need a composite lead as well to get sync as well as the red green and blue. Component does not require this - which is why it is working...

3. Mario Nicholas

Mario Nicholas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I have overcome this by using a Kramer RGB + Sync to SVideo device & the result was very good. There are much cheaper domestic devices available from Keene Electronics to achieve the same result, but I haven't seen the picture quality from them.
    The lead required for the Kramer connection is a scart to four BNC (RGB+sync pulse)
    Hope this helps