1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gordon, I have to hand it to you!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NickBull, May 9, 2002.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your prognosis of an earthing problem wasn't far off the mark. Infact it was spot on, just that the earth loop was in the DVD player, hence the excessive use of NR I needed.

Now all I have to fathom is how to fix it!

Thanks

Nick

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,780
    One of the biggest problems with video installations is earthing problems and video noise. I have pages of technical document saved on PC that I intend to digest fully to sort out my own HTPC. ....Just now I have the rather LARGE problem that TT will not play ANY discs I put in the drive.....and I thought it would be the most stable thing in the PC!

Gordon

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon,

have you applied all the patches? TT is great but I think it does have problems for some people. The immersive TT forum is quite good, and the creators seem to come up with the goods quite quickly. Normally a reply by morning, seeing as it's in the U.S.

Someone will probably have had simillar problems but finding it isn't always easy.

Back to my problem, do you think earthing the chassis might help? I'm goign to try it anyway. It's only the LD player but I just know there's a great picture waiting to get out.

Thanks and good luck with TT.

Nick

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gordon,
    Are you getting any error messages from TT? Install DVD region killer version 2 which will ensure there's no region issues. If you have a Radeon video card you'll probably have to apply the registry fix (see http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=85735&highlight=stephen+orr) for details. Mine worked pretty mcuh straightaway after doing the registry fix and installing dvd region killer, good luck!

Cheers
    Andy

5. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve , interference might be from the Radeo fan if it has one (most do). Make sure the TV card is as far from the Radeon as possible, I put mine right at the bottom of the PCI slots. I then shielded it with a tinfoil and cardboard sandwich in an envelope that I wrapped round the TV card.

Also download the adaptive noise filters, search for them on AVSFORUM asd these are very good.

Nick