1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GORDON CRT or LCD

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MUD, Jul 19, 2001.

1. MUD

MUD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI GORDON.
    I am upgrading again only because I got a good offer I simply could not refuse. anyway I live in DUBLIN and over here I do not have the choice you have in UK.PLUS everything here with the punt against the pound there is about 25% extra.
    I have SHARP XVZW60E. my Budget is about£4000 punts.any help would be great HELP.ALSO why are SHARP projectors not popular on this foroum.THANKS in advance MUD. :confused:

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    I wasn't aware Sharp projectors weren't popular on this forum....I've never seen one I'd want to watch but then I've not seen many LCD's I'd want to watch...

Your question demands more questions. It depends on your situation and what you're trying to achieve. This forum has a chap called Paul'O on it who is in Dublin I believe. His company supply projectors, amongst other things. He would be a good place to start in your quest. I can not tell you which technology to use I am afraid. All I can do is show folk what we consider to be a good picture, what we consider to be important in a picture and then let the customer decide how good it has to be for them to want to watch.

Tell us the size of the room, the decor, what you intend to use with it, sources etc. when it'll be used (day or night) how big a screen you are trying to get, do you want a 16:9 shaped screen. Then not just me but other forum members will be able to chip in with ideas as to units you may want to view.

All the best,

Gordon

3. MUD

MUD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI GORDON
    I am now thinking of going for a seleco 350plus if I can have it mounted in a unit on the floor this is the way I have the sharp built into a unit I made mainly for fan noise my room sizeis 4mt x 3mt I have a 2mtr 16.9 screen.Pioneer 737. amp yamaha Ai BW speakers YAMAHA sub. I know you have to have crt fixed. I now have had two Lcd both been SHarp.THE size of the crt is the same as my unit on the outsize which looks fine .
    ANYbody know what price this is .
    MUD :)