Gordon, Convergent-AV: Do you still have that spare Xbox component cable?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tk2001, Apr 4, 2002.

1. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Gorgon, do you still have a spare Xbox conponent cable for sale and if you do how much will cost inc p&p to London (Beckton)?

PS I'm already using the advance scart cable for my US Xbox but the picture it gives out is too dark compared to when I was using the official s-video cable.

Please reply back ASAP.

Thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,072
  3. JBT

JBT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received a "Monster" component cable which I ordered from USA. It works well with my Sim2 HT200 DM.

It is however a bit expensive at $39 but is very well made to a high spec. Don't know if it is really justified.

4. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I've managed to end up with a spare Xbox component lead. I was just about to pop it on Ebay, but if you want it drop me a private message.

EffTee

5. tk2001

tk2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Gordan,

I currently own a Toshiba 42WH18B and the TV set only has one component input which is already being ocupied by my Gamecube.

Heres my problem:

I wish to also connect my US Xbox up to my TV but really don't wish to move my TV set and unplug my Gamecube component connection everytime I want play my Xbox.

Is there a solution to this? - such as a component switch-box?

Or do I really have to resort to upgrading my av receiver to one which has two component inputs?

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could you tell us where you ordered this from please? I've had a hard time finding a place to import a US Xbox Monster cable.

Oh, and is the picture quality better than RGB scart?

Cheers,

JonathanN

7. JBT

JBT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I obtained my monster cables from Outpost.com. I tried a number of US dealers as listed on the Monster Cable website but none of the main ones such as Amazon's US site will supply Xbox gear to the UN. Presumable Microsoft is stopping them.

I found the service from Outpost excellant.

I needed the cables for my projector set up and can't compare with SCARt. I also use my 32" Philips TV with the official advanced SCART and that seems pretty good.

The Monster cables are pretty expensive after shipping and VAT and I would doubt that any perfomrmance gain is worth it if you can use SCART.

John