GoPro Max Footage on Youtube viewed via Quest 2

cdunavent

Novice Member
I recently purchased a GoPro Max 360 camera with plans to upload the footage to YouTube, and then view that YouTube footage on Quest 2.

A sample of the footage can be seen here: Upper & Lower Shay’s Revenge – 360 – Snowshoe360

The current workflow is pretty basic. I upload the 360 footage from the SD card to a PC. I use the GoPro Player app (Windows 10) to export the video clip as 5K Cineform. I then inject that footage with metadata, and lastly upload it to YouTube.

Note that the sample footage looks wonderful on a PC, laptop, mobile, etc. However, when I use the Quest 2 browser to view the YouTube footage on Quest 2 I noticed that the footage is not quite 360 degrees. While wearing the Quest 2, if I turn all the way around I notice a large black gap in the rear of the footage. See attached.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Attachments

• sample.PNG
    sample.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 51

huxley

Have you tried playing the file in DeoVR player?
Youtube is a bit of a mess for VR afaik

cdunavent

Novice Member
Although DeoVR did not do the trick for me, Firefox browser did fix the issue. I guess there is some issue with Quest2 browser and my 360 Youtube videos.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Although DeoVR did not do the trick for me, Firefox browser did fix the issue. I guess there is some issue with Quest2 browser and my 360 Youtube videos.
Try the YouTube app?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom