• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Googlemail Problems? Causing connection to freeze?

spiderman999

Standard Member
Dear All,

I've been using Googlemail for over two years without any problems. But now when I connect via my Laptop it freezes for a while before connecting and when I try to use again, it will freeze again each time I use to read or send an email. Please can you assist?

Thanks

:lease:

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Dear All,

I've been using Googlemail for over two years without any problems. But now when I connect via my Laptop it freezes for a while before connecting and when I try to use again, it will freeze again each time I use to read or send an email. Please can you assist?

Thanks

:lease:

Do you mean the laptop in general freezes or just the account page? As I use gmail a lot and often the latter happens; it's been well reported that google have had problems with the system going down for a while or stuff taking a bit of time, as it has become so incredibly popular

dc8900

Distinguished Member
It only happens when I access via wireless laptop and not other PC's?

again does the whole laptop freeze or just your web browser? If latter, try going into your settings and either clear all your cookies, browsing history etc

If it's the former than that is very very odd

spiderman999

Standard Member
I think it's just the browser. When you say settings, do you mean googlemail settings? If so where is the cookies and browser history?

Last edited:

dc8900

Distinguished Member
I think it's just the browser. When you say settings, do you mean googlemail settings? If so where is the cookies and browser history?

I meant the browser settings, they are easy enough to find in IE/Firefox or in Safari

N1K35H

Standard Member
Get a Antivius program, such as Avast download that, run it, Then access your Gmail Account and check if your ani-Virus Programs picks up a virus, this seems to look like a virus, if not then your browser

spiderman999

Standard Member
When I open googlemail. The laptop becomes unresponsive and there is a 10-20 second delay between each request ie open or delete an email, scroll down once you have opened an email and trying to open another browser or tab page?

:suicide:

Singh400

Distinguished Member
When I open googlemail. The laptop becomes unresponsive and there is a 10-20 second delay between each request ie open or delete an email, scroll down once you have opened an email and trying to open another browser or tab page?

:suicide:
What browser are you using? G-Mail interface relies heavily on a mix of Ajax/JS, if you browser is poor at supporting this standards then that could be the issue.

You have two options:

1) To use a different browser (Chrome, Firefox or IE8).
2) Switch from the Ajax/JS version of G-Mail to the more standard HTML version.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom