Google VR HMD

Atmos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well that didn't give much away.

That they have a new HMD coming, and that it might be a serious contender, is interesting enough for now.

Does anybody know any more? I guess we don't even know if it's PCVR yet?

Last edited:
Why do we think a VR HMD? I think it's pretty certain a game streaming service is on the way but I don't get how we've come to a VR HMD from that teaser?

Also, I'm sick of alien world's with purple mushrooms :nono:

what colour should the mushrooms be?

steam-survey-vr-headsets-february-2019.png

None of these.

Hmmmm...perhaps this was the most comfortable headset that was talked about recently?

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure where people are getting the idea they're releasing yet another HMD? :rolleyes:

They already have a standalone unit, and they certainly won't be releasing a PC/Windows-only VR HMD (if they did, they'd support it for a year and then abandon it as they usually do...)

Plenty of suggestion (trials and patent applications) of a streaming only console but nothing I've seen to suggest an HMD, certainly not from that video.

Google effectively offering up their version of an Nvidia Shield doesn't seem a stretch to imagine. It seems a natural next step up from Chromecast.

I've no idea what colour the mushrooms should be. I've no idea if there should even be mushrooms. My feelings are irrational... But f:censored:k off with the f:censored:king purple mushrooms already :mad:

Is this the Google Stadia thing they've just announced?

If so, it has nothing to do with VR.

Another streaming service but with the backing of Google servers. Sounds clever. So how many adds do you have to put up with every hour I wonder? How about if they could stream to the quest or other inside out tracked headsets?

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom