Google TV, Disney+ Options and Settings

shodan

Distinguished Member
Hey folks,

Firstly Mods please move this to the most appropriate place, I couldn't decide...

So, I have the Google TV which I think is great and I've been loving using it.
I recently went to use Disney+ to watch a Marvel Movie with Imax Enhanced (my AVR has Imax Enhanced) and I went down a little rabbit hole..

In summary:
In the Google TV
I can have 4k HDR.
I can have Dolby Vision but only in 1080p 60hz.
Both carry audio of DD+

In the TV app I can have Dolby Vision but I am unable to confirm 4k or not but it "should" be.
Audio is only DD due to the TV's limitations. (LG C6 which is now about 6 years old).

Neither of these actually show in Imax Enhanced and I have no idea why...

Why can I not get Imax Enhanced? I believe I should be able to.

Is it a thing that the Google TV cannot Output Dolby Vision in 4k UHD?

Thanks in advance

jurassicmark

The link below shows someone who had the same issue and resolved it by enabling enhanced HDMI 2.0. I'm not sure where that setting is as it's not displayed in my Google TV settings due to me not having a 4K TV.

KBD

Some applications don't play well with certain streaming devices.
For a long time I thought the integral WebOS applications on my LG-CX would be enough, but a few months ago I found out that Hulu & Paramount+ will not display HDR on my TV's WebOS applications. So now I have some external device that will allow me to get HDR from both those applications.
Maybe you can find the information on the website of the application provider.

shodan

Distinguished Member
The link below shows someone who had the same issue and resolved it by enabling enhanced HDMI 2.0. I'm not sure where that setting is as it's not displayed in my Google TV settings due to me not having a 4K TV.

Thanks for the pointer. I went down a little rabbit hole and settled on Dolby Vision 4K/24

Looks fine to me now and when I feed it a 4k Dolby Vision it is even more stunning!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom