google toolbar in IE 11

springgranddad4

Established Member
Reaction score
I've installed google toolbar for IE 11, but it doesn't remember my browsing history. If I try to change this, I get a window with:
'an error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line 56
Char 76
Error. Unable to get property 'checked' of undefined or null reference.
Code 0
Then some gobbledegook, then
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
yes or no.
Anybody know what all this means?

I've installed google toolbar for IE 11, but it doesn't remember my browsing history. If I try to change this, I get a window with:
'an error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line 56
Char 76
Error. Unable to get property 'checked' of undefined or null reference.
Code 0
Then some gobbledegook, then
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
yes or no.
Anybody know what all this means?

Hi springgranddad4, try following the suggestions below.

https://support.google.com/toolbar/answer/78184?hl=en

Hello Sparky. I've spent a couple of hours on this and I'm going nowhere! Can't get rid of that error window I mentioned. However, thank you for responding.

Hello Sparky. I've spent a couple of hours on this and I'm going nowhere! Can't get rid of that error window I mentioned. However, thank you for responding.

Have you tried uninstalling the toolbar and reinstalling it.?

I think that it may be a Java script error, try disabling Java and see what happens.

Last edited:
Hello again Sparky. Well, I've removed and reinstalled the toolbar. Made no difference. So I remove Java. The same. Reinstall Java. The same. When I hit the spanner icon I get that error window. I hit 'yes at bottom to agree to run scripts, and I get the toolbar options window. Unfortunately , the window isn't big enough to include the whole page, including what I assume must be 'save'. So I can't alter anything. Not that I would know what to alter anyway! To hell with it, but thanks for your help!

Hello again Sparky. Well, I've removed and reinstalled the toolbar. Made no difference. So I remove Java. The same. Reinstall Java. The same. When I hit the spanner icon I get that error window. I hit 'yes at bottom to agree to run scripts, and I get the toolbar options window. Unfortunately , the window isn't big enough to include the whole page, including what I assume must be 'save'. So I can't alter anything. Not that I would know what to alter anyway! To hell with it, but thanks for your help!

Hmm, sorry that did not work, maybe another forum member will have the solution. A question, do you really need the google toolbar, IE11 does its own remembering for search history for easier browsing if I`m not mistaken, is there a need for the google toolbar.

You know, all this started when I - for some reason which I forget - upgraded from IE10 to IE11. Perhaps I should go back. Is that wise?

You know, all this started when I - for some reason which I forget - upgraded from IE10 to IE11. Perhaps I should go back. Is that wise?

People will have different views on this, but if it worked before then why not go back.:)

Frankly Sparky, I don't know how to get rid of IE11. Even from 'program files' in 'C' it needs permission from 'TrustedInstaller' whatever that is.

Frankly Sparky, I don't know how to get rid of IE11. Even from 'program files' in 'C' it needs permission from 'TrustedInstaller' whatever that is.

Did you install it as an update over IE10? If so you should be able to remove it by going into the following.

Control Panel and select 'Windows update', then open windows updates and at the bottom left you will see the wording 'installed updates'. Select IE 11 and then you can remove/uninstall it, that should do it, you can download IE10 from here.
Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows

Hello Sparky. Well, I'm getting in a right pickle! I found a reference to Internet Explorer in 'installed updates'. Removed it. Installed (I think - it took ages) IE10 via your link. But I can't get it to connect to the internet. (Chrome connects but is very slow). There is no reference to Internet Explorer in 'installed updates' now, so have to assume it didn't download, even though I can get my original homepage. System restore doesn't work. I changed my desktop background but can't change it back again (don't ask!!). I'm at the point where I need to call in my local friendly expert before my bedroom wall gets a dent in it! I have a holiday first but I'll let you know the results!

Have you tried a full reset of IE?
Control Panel > Internet Options
click on the 'Advanced' tab and click on 'Reset'

Mark.

Well Mark. Take a bow! Did as you said and got a window saying 'welcome to IE8'! Then a notification that a newer version was available - IE9. Then gave me the option to download IE10. Which downloaded easily. Back to normal I think. I may give the google toolbar a miss as you say Sparky. But many thanks gentlemen. (I've even changed my desktop background back!!!)

Well Mark. Take a bow! Did as you said and got a window saying 'welcome to IE8'! Then a notification that a newer version was available - IE9. Then gave me the option to download IE10. Which downloaded easily. Back to normal I think. I may give the google toolbar a miss as you say Sparky. But many thanks gentlemen. (I've even changed my desktop background back!!!)

Glad that you got there in the end:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom