Google Pixel 5

Finally decided to jump in and get the Pixel 5, will be paying less than what I am now on my Contract so happy with that.

Should be here by Monday.

Any suggestions on Wireless Chargers and Cases ?
Normally I go for Spigen Cases but never looked into Wireless Charging so no idea what to look for.
I went for the Spigen screen protector as no horrible hole cut out for the camera that doesn't line up and the Spigen Liquid Air case, really slim fit which is nice.

As for wireless chargers, I'm really not sure sorry, I've been tempted for a while to get the official Google wireless charger as you get additional features to a standard wireless charger.

I got my girlfriend this Samsung one which I've tried my Pixel 5 on and it fitted nicely but didn't test for a full charge. She really likes it though and it looks the business.

Screenshot_20210417-082214.png

Very impressed so far, very smooth and easy to use. Smaller than my p20 pro but that's a good thing. Look forward to trying out the camera.

Few questions though. I seemed to manage to turn on now playing music recognition. Have turned off the on screen notification but is there a background setting ?
Also is there a gallery app or is it all via Google photos ?

Very impressed so far, very smooth and easy to use. Smaller than my p20 pro but that's a good thing. Look forward to trying out the camera.

Few questions though. I seemed to manage to turn on now playing music recognition. Have turned off the on screen notification but is there a background setting ?
Also is there a gallery app or is it all via Google photos ?
Now playing is under display -lock screen -

Screenshot_20210418-100412.png
Screenshot_20210418-100417.png
Screenshot_20210418-100421.png

Thanks, so as long as that is off it should not be doing anything in the background.

Always backed up to Google photos in the past but phones always had a gallery so just wanted to check.

Case and screen protector should be here today. Went with the rugged Spigen one as my wife has the liquid air one on her p30 so don't want to be constantly picking up hers.

She now wants a pixel.

Thanks, so as long as that is off it should not be doing anything in the background.

Always backed up to Google photos in the past but phones always had a gallery so just wanted to check.

Case and screen protector should be here today. Went with the rugged Spigen one as my wife has the liquid air one on her p30 so don't want to be constantly picking up hers.

She now wants a pixel.
It shouldn't be no mate, I personally have it on as it's been really useful if I hear a song I don't know, but off is off so that's also good.

It shouldn't be no mate, I personally have it on as it's been really useful if I hear a song I don't know, but off is off so that's also good.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Spigen Screen Protector, that was the easiest process I have done with one of those. Took 2 minutes !

Very impressed with the Phone so far, decent Battery and very good camera. Will need to use it a lot more to see if it's an improvement over my P20 Pro Camera.

A few downsides though, no easy way to cast the phone to my Firestick or TV.
And when taking a picture it does seem to take a while to process but I knew about that from video reviews.

Any tips and tricks, must turn off or must turn on options ?

Thanks for the suggestion on the Spigen Screen Protector, that was the easiest process I have done with one of those. Took 2 minutes !

Very impressed with the Phone so far, decent Battery and very good camera. Will need to use it a lot more to see if it's an improvement over my P20 Pro Camera.

A few downsides though, no easy way to cast the phone to my Firestick or TV.
And when taking a picture it does seem to take a while to process but I knew about that from video reviews.

Any tips and tricks, must turn off or must turn on options ?
Glad you like the phone and screen protector!

With camera, make sure the motion photo is off and anything else that might add extra time, such as 'Social media depth features' (under advanced). It won't make it instant but then Pixel phones take about 7 photo's when you capture a picture and stitches them together, so that considered it's pretty clever really.

Under Display settings scroll to the bottom and turn on 'Increase touch sensitivity' (Improves touch when using screen protectors.

Does the clock app open when you click on the time in the notification/quick settings

Got the P5 a couple days ago, adjusting from the oneplus ecosystem is a bit of a challenge but overall the phone feels excellent. A bit surprised Google have cheaped out on the haptics but overall the phone feels snappy and mostly well built

No Idea what I have done but my keyboard no longer shows predictive text or spellcheck when typing. Trying all settings but no luck, any ideas ? Just using the standard keyboard that came with the phone.

Scratch that...text correction and suggestions was all turned off.

Anyone have any issues with Chrome draining the battery ?
Some days my Battery seems to drain a lot quicker than normal and checking usage it seems to be Chrome. Since my last charge I have used Chrome for 2 hours and it's used about 40% where as I have used Reddit for the same amount of time and that has used 6%.

I have Dark theme on for everything but that just seems really high for just a few hours of browsing, watched Youtube for an hour and that's used less than 10%

Anyone have any issues with Chrome draining the battery ?
Some days my Battery seems to drain a lot quicker than normal and checking usage it seems to be Chrome. Since my last charge I have used Chrome for 2 hours and it's used about 40% where as I have used Reddit for the same amount of time and that has used 6%.

I have Dark theme on for everything but that just seems really high for just a few hours of browsing, watched Youtube for an hour and that's used less than 10%
I don't seem to have any battery problems with Chrome at the moment. Could be the sites you're on are ad/media heavy? Have you cleared the cache/data on the app?

Have cleared the Cache and will see how that goes. AVF is probably the cause to be honest.
See how it goes, all else fails clear data as well, you'll just have to sign back in on chrome and it will get all your bookmarks, history etc back. These things can happen sometimes.

I used to find Avforums really sluggish, since the update version 89 though it's been a lot better. So it's probably just one of those weird bugs that happens from time to time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom