Google Pixel 5/4a5G Bose Promotion issues

Has anyone else got tracking info from Yodel? I believe they're a DHL company.

Edit: Just delivered by Yodel 👍. Now, time to sell them on eBay :D

Last edited:
I received my dispatch email yesterday and my headphones arrived today via Yodel.
Yodel actually sent me an email with a tracking number which was good of them.
Thanks to everyone on here for keeping me sane as I needed a place to let rip for a while.
All the ranting and raving could have been avoided if Google kept us updated throughout the process.

I also must put my hand up and say after extreme effort and waiting to within the MAXIMUM 60 days I finally received my headphones. A terrible experience and a disgrace.
In the end I believe I got mine as I applied pressure via the Google Store who communicated across departments to the Promotion department (run by an inept third party that apparently have poor communication skills ).
I doubt if ANYONE from GOOGLE who reads any of this forum will have the brains to feed back and this company may lose future business as they should. Google made a mistake siting this near London which is well known for the worst employees. Perhaps somewhere peripheral in the country where the average employee is streets ahead on those London employers are forced to accept.
Certainly my former employer sent our duffers to HQ in London but they eventually came back in a very short period several grades promoted! Clearly evidence of what I say.

I also must put my hand up and say after extreme effort and waiting to within the MAXIMUM 60 days I finally received my headphones. A terrible experience and a disgrace.
In the end I believe I got mine as I applied pressure via the Google Store who communicated across departments to the Promotion department (run by an inept third party that apparently have poor communication skills ).
I doubt if ANYONE from GOOGLE who reads any of this forum will have the brains to feed back and this company may lose future business as they should. Google made a mistake siting this near London which is well known for the worst employees. Perhaps somewhere peripheral in the country where the average employee is streets ahead on those London employers are forced to accept.
Certainly my former employer sent our duffers to HQ in London but they eventually came back in a very short period several grades promoted! Clearly evidence of what I say.
So in other words, you got your headphones within the time frame you were given after being validated. 😂

Google made a mistake siting this near London which is well known for the worst employees. Perhaps somewhere peripheral in the country where the average employee is streets ahead on those London employers are forced to accept.

That's a weird opinion, maybe you should use another forum. Btw, I'm a northerner.

That's quite cool that you guys finally got yours, I've got nothing so far. My claim was validated - 2020-11-09. so almost 3 months ago. This is ridiculous and a shame for Google. How they could compete with Apple if they are not possible to organize simple promo and ignore customers.

That's quite cool that you guys finally got yours, I've got nothing so far. My claim was validated - 2020-11-09. so almost 3 months ago. This is ridiculous and a shame for Google. How they could compete with Apple if they are not possible to organize simple promo and ignore customers.
You should give them a call on 03330165539. I did that and the customer services advisor told me that sometimes the system overlooks the odd claim here and there which they then have to manually override. A few days after my call, I got my dispatch email and received the headphones the day after that.
Hope the above helps.

Thanks @Raz Star that tel number was really helpful. After getting around the call automation I got through to a helpful person, who after a long wait confirmed the following (which I'll list as it might be helpful for others):
  1. They have had problems with the promotion since the start (never!) as "some retailers were not able to supply IMEI numbers" for the sold Pixel 5
  2. In my case I provided the IMEI as a photo within 17 mins of being asked on 20th of Jan
  3. This was validated on 25th, which is when they are starting the clock for delivery!
  4. My Claim was validated on 6th Nov ie 101 days ago
  5. BTW the lady was not saying they planned to deliver the headphones 60 days after 25th (ie from 26th March) but she could not give any guarantees they would not be that date or later.
  6. IF I have to wait until 26th March it will be 140 days from claim validation AND 158 days since the date of purchase, or getting on for 5 months ...
To recap the contact details for these guys are:
[email protected]
0333 016 5539
To navigate the call handler wait patiently for lots of choices, I recall I used no 7

Good luck all

I too bought a Google Pixel in October and applied for the headphones on 20th October. Got an email on 4th November to say it's been approved and dispatched and it was supposed to have been delivered on the 5th November, however, nothing arrived. After numerous emails it appears DHL lost my package so another one was arranged to be sent to me on 19th February with Yodel. Well, a parcel arrived on the 20th which did not look large enough to contain Bose headphones. Turns out they sent me a Samsung Active watch! I've honestly had enough of trying to deal with these people. I rang today and the woman said she'd get back to me today or tomorrow morning via email, but that I shouldn't open the package with the watch.

Well, I've just received an email from Google (or their agents) saying my delivery is due from Yodel. No dates given and from @woodsta comment I'm waiting with baited breath as to what goodies they might be sending!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom