Google Pixel 5/4a5G Bose Promotion issues

Dumbmarine

Standard Member
Thanks @Dumbmarine. I purchased my phone from Amazon.co.uk who usually have excellent customer services. I'll start the process and keep you updated.
Raz,
Thats good I also have a great relationship with Amazon. They have been more than honest with me. I use them almost daily. Be careful though as your Amazon rights and more importantly your Paypal rights are massively undermined if it is not Amazon selling the item or another company but an individual. Also for any purchase over £100 DO NOT USE PAYPAL. Paypal is not a bank and they will tell you themselves that they neither offer you protection nor are they part of your transaction. Make sure you se your credit card directly and not from within Paypal which removes the credit card protection.
Also another obscure thing is if your wife or girlfriend buys you a gift or pays for something for you with her card then this has reduced protection. They can always claim they bought it for themselves but if it is mens underpants or something obviously male they may not pay out. Weird but true.
I found out that my purchase via Paypal using my credit card the hard way and I lost out.

dts197

Distinguished Member
I purchased directly from the UK Google store in November 2020. I supplied ALL requested documentation on the FIRST POSSIBLE DAY I could! Validation did not happen. I waited and I waited. I read some forums including this one so I rang. After several attempts I got through to a lady with an African accent. She requested the additional documents referred to by others (phishing/identity/promotion theft?) I sent immediately and very quickly I was validated (11th December 2020). I waited and checked the 'official' webpage entering my details - no change. I repeated this for 4 weeks - no change. I tried to ring again - impossible to speak with anyone as you get sent back to main menu.
I have complained and emailed the CEO of the parent company that owns Google - zero reply? I have contacted the Google Store who keep trying to 'off' their responsibility to some third party agent of theirs? I remind them that it is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY! They repeatedly tell me they are the ORDER Department and they can do nothing as if they is (1) Acceptable and (2) The End of the Matter? I have requested the initiation of a return of my phone and a full refund as it is clear to me that either the PROMOTION IS/WAS A FRAUD or they have not fulfilled the contract.
Personally my nose tells me the Promotion company staff are up to something? Not sure whether this is so or not but it is clear we are NOT RECEIVING our promotion item? Even the 60 day delay after two other statutory imposed delay periods indicates something odd?
I will continue to report what happens.
Awaiting a reply to my refund/return request. I am disgusted how Google are treating me as a customer and although invested fairly heavily in its online software systems etc I am able to reverse out of this and have contingency. I will also lobby my MP to support motions aimed at curtailing Googles power in the internet and tax status particularly. This is where it is best to target them as these large US multinationals love money.
Over to the rest of you.
Let me get this straight. Your claim was validated on December 11th, which means your 60 days ends on February 9th. So why are you ranting and talking about fraud, contacting MPs, legal action and want a refund for a product you bought and received (the phone)?

LuniCycle

Just found this thread by accident and without reading the whole thing this may be interesting/frustrating for others. Ordered 4a(5g) on 1st day it was available and it arrived on 18th or 19th Nov. I tried to register for offer on the relevant number of days after delivery and the website said I hadn't waited long enough (they clearly can't count!) I phoned and they said they would enter it manually. Before they did the website let me do it. I waited the relevant number of days for it to be approved and it wasn't so on the phone again expecting nothing at all! Got through to someone who said they would have a look, they did and approved it whilst I was still on phone. I received the headphones on 23 December. Btw I did buy the phone direct from Google and their receipt had the delivery date, IMEI etc on it. I would like to tell you I am very happy with the phone but I just have watch jealously as my son uses it!

Dumbmarine

Standard Member
Let me get this straight. Your claim was validated on December 11th, which means your 60 days ends on February 9th. So why are you ranting and talking about fraud, contacting MPs, legal action and want a refund for a product you bought and received (the phone)?
Yes Dts197. Nearly 40 days ago after failing to validate my claim it was finally validated! So including the failure to originally validate with a perfect set of documents and in my case I purchased directly from Google so easily fully trackable I am FULLY ENTITLED TO RANT.

Do you work for this incompetent company or are you an toadying apologetist for them? What is your involvement? Who are you and are you waiting for this promotion as well. What is your interest? You have spent some time working out 60 elapsed days but that is the MAXIMUM not the average, mean or expected? Just what is your point and why are you here?

Also you are incorrect as well. I bought two items, a Google phone and a pair of Bose headphones. I would never have bought the phone on its own.

Dumbmarine

Standard Member
Just found this thread by accident and without reading the whole thing this may be interesting/frustrating for others. Ordered 4a(5g) on 1st day it was available and it arrived on 18th or 19th Nov. I tried to register for offer on the relevant number of days after delivery and the website said I hadn't waited long enough (they clearly can't count!) I phoned and they said they would enter it manually. Before they did the website let me do it. I waited the relevant number of days for it to be approved and it wasn't so on the phone again expecting nothing at all! Got through to someone who said they would have a look, they did and approved it whilst I was still on phone. I received the headphones on 23 December. Btw I did buy the phone direct from Google and their receipt had the delivery date, IMEI etc on it. I would like to tell you I am very happy with the phone but I just have watch jealously as my son uses it!
Lunicycle
Sounds like you have been lucky. My time frame is very similar to you on the purchase. I waited the 14 days but could not claim but a couple of days later I could. However despite like you buying directly from the Google Store my claim was not validating. On the forums extra DATA was requested. Did this happen to you?
When I supplied this extra information my claim was validated after I spoke with someone. This took extra time also. In the end my validation date was 11th December but nothing since!

Raz Star

Novice Member
Thanks @LuniCycle for your post. At least someone got their headphones so there is still hope for the rest of us. I emailed the promotion support team last week and asked for an update, specifically whether they have the supply to meet demand. Sadly their response didn't answer my query, but instead I got the following:

Unfortunately we have no further updates at this present moment.

We do not have an estimated delivery date that we are currently able to provide.

We apologise again for the wait so far for your reward to be delivered.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

It looks like the above response was sent by a bot.

LuniCycle

Lunicycle
Sounds like you have been lucky. My time frame is very similar to you on the purchase. I waited the 14 days but could not claim but a couple of days later I could. However despite like you buying directly from the Google Store my claim was not validating. On the forums extra DATA was requested. Did this happen to you?
When I supplied this extra information my claim was validated after I spoke with someone. This took extra time also. In the end my validation date was 11th December but nothing since!
Just checked my text messages and it was validated on 8 December with nothing other than Google receipt. Literally phoned and the person checked it whilst on the phone and said that appears to be in order and I got the text before I hung up. I am sorry you haven't been as lucky as me and I would be as frustrated as you because although technically I don't think the Bose headphones are part of the purchase they were certainly part of my justification for buying the phone hence like you the reason I did the application asap being conscious of the "while stocks last". I hope this ends well for you.

dts197

Distinguished Member
Yes Dts197. Nearly 40 days ago after failing to validate my claim it was finally validated! So including the failure to originally validate with a perfect set of documents and in my case I purchased directly from Google so easily fully trackable I am FULLY ENTITLED TO RANT.

Do you work for this incompetent company or are you an toadying apologetist for them? What is your involvement? Who are you and are you waiting for this promotion as well. What is your interest? You have spent some time working out 60 elapsed days but that is the MAXIMUM not the average, mean or expected? Just what is your point and why are you here?

Also you are incorrect as well. I bought two items, a Google phone and a pair of Bose headphones. I would never have bought the phone on its own.
I'm here because it's a public forum. And if you have the right to go on like you have been doing, despite being under the time limit for how long a validated claim should take, I have the right to ask why not at least wait until after the 60 days after validation have elapsed.

The price you paid was for the phone and pretty sure it was in the terms somewhere "while stocks last". I'm sure it is infuriating, but that's a risk you take when it's worded like that.

Jbalc99

Novice Member
Wow, @Jbalc99 given your story I'll not labour the frustration of mine!

I do appreciate that online deliveries have been made more difficult by the lockdown etc but this does seem to be a woefully organised (& poorly funded?) exercise from Google. And it would be pleasant if we had a reply to this thread from someone in a position of responsibility in Google UK's marketing team (and yes that is a challenge if you are reading this).

Yes I completely agree! It does seem to be terribly organised. I'd love some sort of reply from Google but it probably would be scripted much to my already growing frustration with the matters.

Raz Star

Novice Member
Hi @dts197, if stocks had run out then we should have been told by now. When my claim was validated on 30 October and then again on 6 November (for some mysterious reason), the message I got was "Good news! Your claim has been validated by our team. We're now preparing your Bose QC 35 II headphones for delivery."
No mention of while stocks last.

Dumbmarine

Standard Member
Thanks @LuniCycle for your post. At least someone got their headphones so there is still hope for the rest of us. I emailed the promotion support team last week and asked for an update, specifically whether they have the supply to meet demand. Sadly their response didn't answer my query, but instead I got the following:

Unfortunately we have no further updates at this present moment.

We do not have an estimated delivery date that we are currently able to provide.

We apologise again for the wait so far for your reward to be delivered.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

It looks like the above response was sent by a bot.
Raz,
Snap! Here is my reply this evening

Good Evening,

Thank you for your email.

Rewards are being despatched, however delays are affecting this whole promotion.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the current wait that you are undergoing but we are unable to speed up the fulfilment process.

We appreciate your ongoing patience.

Please get back in touch if you have any other queries.

Kind Regards,

Chris @ Google Promotional Support Team

ConorHerd

Novice Member
Wow!

Thought I was the only one or I had been replying to scam emails but I guess I was wrong. This situation is horrible, I have my Pixel 5 at the moment and have sent them so much emails with dates, images, addresses etc. But still to no avail.

I've sent them a tweet (we'll see how that goes) and another email after they told me they'd follow up on my last one.

Google does have a live chat support online where you're added to a live chat box with someone to help you. I was in one with someone from pixel maintenance (if I rember correctly) and they said they couldn't help me but they would forward me into a chat room with someone from Google promotions. There was no one in Google promotions that could take me at the moment but they would email be in 24 hours. They didn't.

Last edited:

Tomfoolery

Novice Member
Just adding myself to the list of people annoyed at not having received the headphones yet. Over 80 days since being validated (I did also have to do the thing of submitting photos of the box some time after being validated)

Incredibly frustrating. I’m tempted to raise a claim with my credit card for it being missold, but I feel a little bad that the retailer might lose out there (it wasn’t the Google store)

avikr22

Novice Member
It is so frustrating to see the Google's response on this. My claim was validated almost 90 days back. And the only update I get from them is "Please accept our apologies" and "We are working on it". Never expected Google to be down to such cheap dirty trick to sell their phones.
The most frustrating part is when they try to confuse with different teams and tell its is someone else responsibility to send the headphones. While putting the advertisement , they did not mention Google will not take responsibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

ConorHerd

Novice Member
Just received this email;

Good Afternoon,

We understand the frustration and are sorry that is taking longer than usual to receive your gift.

The reward is processing and should be with a courier shortly.

As soon as it is shipped, you will be notified via email.

We appreciate your patience.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Polina @ Google Promotional Support Team

avikr22

Novice Member
Just received this email;

Good Afternoon,

We understand the frustration and are sorry that is taking longer than usual to receive your gift.

The reward is processing and should be with a courier shortly.

As soon as it is shipped, you will be notified via email.

We appreciate your patience.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Polina @ Google Promotional Support Team
I had got the similar reply a month back and till now I am still waiting for courier to ring the bell.

Jbalc99

Novice Member
Hi,

Thank you for taking part in the Google Pixel promotion.

Great news! Your reward has been shipped and is on its way to you. You might just need to wait a few days for it to reach you.

Your reward will be delivered to whichever address you entered on your claim submission.

Our courier, DHL, will be in contact with tracking information. If you have any questions about delivery times, please contact DHL directly.

Enjoy your reward!

Love the automated email, until they are in my hands I won't believe it. p.s this is 90 days after the original fulfillment where they were "lost"

avikr22

Novice Member
Hi,

Thank you for taking part in the Google Pixel promotion.

Great news! Your reward has been shipped and is on its way to you. You might just need to wait a few days for it to reach you.

Your reward will be delivered to whichever address you entered on your claim submission.

Our courier, DHL, will be in contact with tracking information. If you have any questions about delivery times, please contact DHL directly.

Enjoy your reward!

Love the automated email, until they are in my hands I won't believe it. p.s this is 90 days after the original fulfillment where they were "lost"
Even I got this yesterday late evening. But has not heard anything from DHL yet. Did you receive any tracking number from dhl ?

Steven

Senior Moderator
Whilst you may find this situation frustrating, to you new forum members remember that potentially defamatory language is not permitted under the site posting terms. If this persists, the thread may be locked or more likely members will find they can no longer post.

Many thanks

Also, it is very likely the lockdown is affecting the logistics of organising and sending out the gift headphones. Yes: sending gift headphones absolutely is not a reason for Google to shortcut the safety of their employees. The claims are clearly now being processed, just over a longer duration

Jbalc99

Novice Member
Even I got this yesterday late evening. But has not heard anything from DHL yet. Did you receive any tracking number from dhl ?
No tracking info as of yet but I will chase it up in roughly a week. I'll keep you updated.

Jbalc99

Novice Member
Updated guys after 92 days they finally arrive not through DHL but yodel 🤷🏽‍♂️ not sure if they are a partner company or something but they're here!!

dts197

Distinguished Member
Looks like all these new members won't have to contact their local MP & try to get a refund for their phones after all.

For the record, I received my headphones from Yodel this morning for the 4a 5G.

ConorHerd

Novice Member
After 16 emails, 3 photos, 2 tweets, 4 texts and a online messaging help service I have finally got this text (I'll post if it actually arrives);

Great news! Your reward has now been dispatched.

You might just need to allow a few days for your reward to reach you.

Enjoy!

Claim Reference: ***********

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published