Google Pixel 4a

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Very tempted but not having spent more than £200 on a phone before I am a tad nervous. The fact that the 4a is not too big, has an oled screen & the camera is supposed to be so good certainly appeals. Samsung m31 has oled screen, excellent battery but it is a lot bigger and camera is decent apparently but not pixel quality. Decisions??😗
Personally I wouldn't touch a phone with an Exynos processor again, even ones of equal specs to a Snapdragon always run worse and have worse battery life, looking at that one it doesn't match the Snapdragon.

Plus with the Pixel you get 3 years of fast updates, the Samsung they will be a lot slower as always.

Yes it's £319 but the phone will last you longer than the £200 Samsung which I imagine will be stuttering from new with that chipset. It's cheaper for a reason. Depends on your expectations.

leedebs

Not sure what processor my J5 2017 has but not noticed any issues with mine. I do understand you get what you pay for, although by all accounts the m31 appears to be a bargain. Take your point though. What phone you changed up from out of interest?

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Not sure what processor my J5 2017 has but not noticed any issues with mine. I do understand you get what you pay for, although by all accounts the m31 appears to be a bargain. Take your point though. What phone you changed up from out of interest?
I went from a Samsung Galaxy S8 with an Exynos 8895 processor, that thing was starting to chug along. Although I got the Pixel 5, my mum just got the Pixel 4a so I've been setting it up and it's just as smooth and responsive to use.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom