Google Pixel 4a

I had Samsung phones for years but got fed up with the amount of bloatware and slow updates so went for a nexus 5, then the pixel 2. You can't beat vanilla android with no bloatware and speedy updates.

That's what I hate, 10 months wait for an update and by then it's yesterdays news. I do like One UI but I just dislike the exynos processors and the slow updates.

Partly why I wanted an Iphone.

I'm thinking this or the 4a 5G depending on it's size and price.

That's what I hate, 10 months wait for an update and by then it's yesterdays news. I do like One UI but I just dislike the exynos processors and the slow updates.

Partly why I wanted an Iphone.

I'm thinking this or the 4a 5G depending on it's size and price.

They've already confirmed the 5g version will be $499 so we know that means £499 here. If you google 4a 5g there's plenty of sites that have the renders on there with the sizes to give you an idea.

They've already confirmed the 5g version will be $499 so we know that means £499 here. If you google 4a 5g there's plenty of sites that have the renders on there with the sizes to give you an idea.

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure screen size and stuff was confirmed though? I heard it was potentially 6.2 inches?

I did think though that $499 means £499, still better than the Iphone I was probably looking at for £799 or something crazy.

Thanks mate, I wasn't sure screen size and stuff was confirmed though? I heard it was potentially 6.2 inches?

I did think though that $499 means £499, still better than the Iphone I was probably looking at for £799 or something crazy.

Pretty sure the renders posted for the 4a were correct so if that's the case I'd guess the 5g ones should be on the money.

You'd expect the 5 to be a better quality finish than the 4a 5G and they've said the 5 will be the same size screen as the 4a so I guess it's right that the 4a 5G is possibly a 6+ inch screen. Interesting.

My S8 is 5.8 inches anyway so i'm not bothered about the 4a being too small, but the better battery and processor could swing it. Luckily we have no choice but to wait anyway at the moment and see how things develop. I personally think this is really good on Googles part.

The Nord looks interesting, the main thing putting me off is the size is a bit much for me and the pill style cut out is above my threshold. I'm sure it will be a great phone though :)

Totally agree on all fronts. The 4a 5.8” size is my max in regards to a phone.

Given the current climate, am I really going to get the most use out of a 5G phone? Unlikely, although I know people do like to future proof themselves.

Given the 4a 5G is going to be £499, you can then probably assume that the P5 is going to be around the £650/700 mark and to be honest, I don’t want to be incorporating that sort of money anymore either into a 2 year contract or pay it outright. Times have changed now for everyone.

Which is why this phone is unbelievably good value for what you’re getting. Delighted Google have got it right with this one.

I really like the look of this. One thing is holding me back though - no IP water and dust resistance rating. I often like to pull my phone out to take snaps in the drizzle and I wouldn't be able to with this. Such a shame.

Lasted 2 minutes. QVC is less annoying.

That’s a shame-it was a good review and further confirms what a great device the 4a is.

I don't mind Unbox Therapy, but can see why his presentation style might not be for everyone.

Hard to watch that video 😂

I'm in need of a new phone now, since cracking the screen on my P20 Pro (I'd have kept it otherwise)

I'm not sure whether to go for the P30 Pro new edition, or the Pixel 4a (whether or not the 5G)

What a stupid review here - Pcmag Pixel 4a review

And I quote -
Display - The Pixel 4a is the least expensive phone in the US with an OLED display. While that sounds compelling in theory, it doesn't provide a notable upgrade over the LCDs in the iPhone SE or the Moto G Power.

I'm sorry what? Okay the Moto G8 Power is 1080p and bigger, but not a notable upgrade over a 4.7inch barely 720p LCD? Seriously...

Just spotted this is available to pre-order on O2 refresh with a release date of 1st October.
I'm bored of my Huawei P30 Pro so I'd logged on to order the Oppo Find X2 Lite, but I've held off for the minute as the 4a has piqued my interest.

currys are taking orders now for guaranteed 1st october delivery and also a years interest free if anyone wants that

Ordered a 4a from Vodafone yesterday, should be here today.
Passing my P30 on to the wife as her P10 is playing up.
Both happy.

Ordered a 4a from Vodafone yesterday, should be here today.
Passing my P30 on to the wife as her P10 is playing up.
Both happy.

would be interested to hear your thoughts once you've set it up.

would be interested to hear your thoughts once you've set it up.

Well, up and running. I like it. Very different to use than my previous Huawei but seems a bit quicker all round. Battery life is not bad, not as good as my previous 'phone but I can live with it.
The big surprise is the camera. I had heard it was good, but didn't expect it to be as good as it is.
Takes lovely pics.
I'm not a heavy user of my phones, just literally the odd call now and again, texting and photo's when the need arises, and just viewing forums when I'm not on my PC at home. Don't stream videos etc.
This is nice and simple, which is how I like it.

Well, up and running. I like it. Very different to use than my previous Huawei but seems a bit quicker all round. Battery life is not bad, not as good as my previous 'phone but I can live with it.
The big surprise is the camera. I had heard it was good, but didn't expect it to be as good as it is.
Takes lovely pics.
I'm not a heavy user of my phones, just literally the odd call now and again, texting and photo's when the need arises, and just viewing forums when I'm not on my PC at home. Don't stream videos etc.

Which Huawei phone did you have? I have read reviews that said the 4a was average which is a shame if true.

Which Huawei phone did you have? I have read reviews that said the 4a was average which is a shame if true.
I had the P30 which I have now passed on to the wife as her P10 was playing up.

Takes lovely pics.
Cheers for that. Couple of questions
What's the video capability like, does it have IS, easy to use, decent quality like the camera? Also does it have a notification light & aod?
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom