Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Smartphone

Still no update here on EE

Do you think the phone will drop in price anytime soon? Did the original Pixel drop in price.

I'm pretty sure the original Pixels kept their price until the new ones were released. That might have been because they were so hard to get hold of.

mobiles.co.uk still have reduced prices on them, £830 for the 128gb 2 XL, which is £70 off. I'd rather pay full price with Google though. Good customer service and much smoother getting a replacement down the line.

Finally got my code from Google for the free mini home

Finally got my code from Google for the free mini home

Same. Although I'm not sure if it's for the Pixel I sent back or the one I received last week. Nice that you can choose the colour as before it was supposed to be just the grey one.

I'm pretty sure the original Pixels kept their price until the new ones were released. That might have been because they were so hard to get hold of.

mobiles.co.uk still have reduced prices on them, £830 for the 128gb 2 XL, which is £70 off. I'd rather pay full price with Google though. Good customer service and much smoother getting a replacement down the line.
If there was an issue would you not be able to deal with google anyway regardless where you bought it? Mobiles.co.uk were excellent throughout the ordering process for me i have to say.

If there was an issue would you not be able to deal with google anyway regardless where you bought it? Mobiles.co.uk were excellent throughout the ordering process for me i have to say.

I checked with Google first who said they could help if I had trouble further down the line. But unless I bought direct, they couldn't offer a replacement being sent out before sending mine in. mobiles.co.uk couldn't even confirm if the Pixel was worldwide unlocked.

Google are now offering £50 off all Pixel 2 & 2 XL, along with a free home mini until December 31.

It's actually only until December 16th for the £50 off, December 31 is for the free home mini. It is annoying seeing you could have saved money but we'd never do anything if we waited to see what might be.

Anyone wth a non XL come from a S7 how do you rate audio playback though headphones ?

Have the Pixel 2 XL issues been sorted out?

What are they again? blue tint and grain? anything else?

Have the Pixel 2 XL issues been sorted out?

What are they again? blue tint and grain? anything else?

You can’t sort blue tint and it doesn’t bother me anyway. Never noticed any grain on mine. Oreo 8.1 is supposed to sort issues where some had touch screen issues, particularly down the sides. And the microphone while recording has been fixed.

You can’t sort blue tint and it doesn’t bother me anyway. Never noticed any grain on mine. Oreo 8.1 is supposed to sort issues where some had touch screen issues, particularly down the sides. And the microphone while recording has been fixed.

Cheers, I don't think the tint would bother me. I've been trying to make my mind up on which Pixel and was tempted by the XL this evening, but I've been saying I want a smaller phone for years. I currently have an S7 Edge, I like the design of the XL better but the smaller size of the Standard one. I think I'm going to go for the smaller one..

@jg213 Whichever one you get, they’re both great phones. And both have the same great camera. I had a few problems with my XL but dealing with Google has been great. Very quick to respond and sorted me a replacement within 2 days. And the fact they offer 24/7 chat direct from the settings on the phone is a neat feature.

Apparently the blue tint has reduced significantly in the latest batch of 2 XL phones.

Rizza

Apparently the blue tint has reduced significantly in the latest batch of 2 XL phones.

Rizza

I did find after use, it reduced on its own. Straight out of the box (I have a brand new black & white which had only just come into stock), it was the same as a launch day one.

Anyone bought a case for the XL , I'm still completely unprotected. I plan to get a screen protector but can't find a thin case yet.

I settled for this case for now but really would prefer a slimmer case - Google Pixel 2 XL Case, LK Ultra [Slim Thin] Scratch Resistant TPU Rubber Soft Skin Silicone Protective Case Cover for Google Pixel XL 2 - Clear https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0734L3MNW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_j94lAb4QJ8XFR

Let me know how you get on with the screen protector. I need to get the screen protected soonish!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The pixel is £100 off at cpw and it comes with the home mini too!

Well it seems the full body screenkight doesn't play well with cases anyone got a screen protector they recommend ☹️

The pixel is £100 off at cpw and it comes with the home mini too!

Same on the Google store as well now. Bit annoying when I only bought mine 2 weeks ago from them. Also £100 off the Pixelbook.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom