google Phone died: service experience (excellent)

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
On Thursday morning, Mrs LV426 discovered her Pixel 4 (bought Dec 2019) was completely dead. It was working the previous evening. Being the more "techy" of us, it fell to me to deal with it. In the meantime I stuck her SIM in a spare handset I keep for the very purpose.

Screen blank; no charging light; nothing. I tried all the troubleshooting steps (long hold on power; long hold on power + Vol down, etc.) with no response.

So I started an online chat session with google. Responder acknowledged that I had tried the troubleshooting and didn't insult me by asking me to do it all again.
Responder checked the IMEI, confirmed it is still under warranty, and organised an RMA.
RMA Email arrived shortly after.
I followed the directions, packed and labelled the phone and went to the DHL site to book collection. I was offered any time "today" (the same Thursday) or later. So I booked it for after 1330 Thursday. Package was collected around 1400 Thursday.
It was delivered to the returns centre in Poland at just after 0900 Friday morning according to tracking.
Confirmation of a replacement despatch was Emailed soon after. Mid-morning Friday.
Replacement phone (same model, refurbished, as new condition as far as we can tell) arrived today, Saturday at around 10am. It appears to have come from somewhere in the UK.

That's darned quick!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom