Google Now

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by douki, Jul 27, 2012.

Tags:
  1. douki

douki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I've updated my Nexus S to 4.1.1 and trying to figure out this new Google Now feature.

I'm only getting the weather card at the moment, how can I get it to show traffic reports as well?

EDIT: I've worked it out - You have to go into Google maps > then tap top left drop down > then tap location history > then menu button > then it gives options to set home and work location.

I think this Google Now is quite cool and has a lot of potential, although I imagine some will find it a bit unnerving having the big G know everything about where you are all the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2012
  2. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +943
    I believe this only kicks in when you enable location services and via 'checking in' to places it starts to learn where you are and where you're about to be next... i.e. at home and about to drive to work, at work and about to drive home, somewhere and about to go to an appointment.

Eventually turned mine off. Funf it wasn't that great, the weather I get via other widgets, and battery life seemed to take a hit.

Would like the Sport card to kick in though only if I can set up some UK football teams to monitor, which at the moment doesn't appear to be an option.

I like the concept and the technology, it just seems a bit redundant to my needs right now.

KH

3. douki

douki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Thanks Keith I just updated my post at the same time to say I worked it out, It's not immediately obvious so others may find it useful to know.

I'll keep an eye on battery life and see how it goes.

Bus/train times might be useful.