Google I/O 2013

Rumour has it that 5.0 Key Lime Pie won't launch, but instead a 4.3 Jelly Bean

I don't really get it myself, just seemed a bit of fun.

Nobody knows for sure if 4.3 or 5.0 but I'm sure we will see soon enough.

Not sure what they will do if no big Android OS news.

Carl.

I think the N7 will get new processor and possibly new screen, N10 will get new processor, from dual core to quad. The N4 will refresh with a new 32gb, 8gb will be discontinued with 16gb coming in at the £239 price point.

4.3 Jellybean will have new features to make use of these updates.

Well we can dream lol

I think the N7 will get new processor and possibly new screen, N10 will get new processor, from dual core to quad. The N4 will refresh with a new 32gb, 8gb will be discontinued with 16gb coming in at the £239 price point.

4.3 Jellybean will have new features to make use of these updates.

Well we can dream lol

If that happens with the N10, I would probably buy one :)

Also there are rumours of the N10 getting the octa chip that powers some S4's, making it a first for tablets :)

Gutted there is no 2nd gen Nexus 7! Grr! And no updated Nexus 10! Double grr!

Stock Android across more hardware devices changes the game. Good business decision by all concerned. The casual person on the street using HTC, Samsung doing everything possible to disguise any hint of Google with their skins will not notice or care but more choice is good.

Anyway looking forward to Google Maps update on the N4 :)

So far it's only a googlized sgs4 hardware wise. Some interesting news for developers though, things like cross device modifications and game saves sound really useful

Sounds very interesting. Must wait for UK prices and availability.

Gutted there is no 2nd gen Nexus 7! Grr! And no updated Nexus 10! Double grr!

Very surprised by that. Not an ounce of info on either of them.

You need anger management :D

Carl

Stock Android across more hardware devices changes the game. Good business decision by all concerned. The casual person on the street using HTC, Samsung doing everything possible to disguise any hint of Google with their skins will not notice or care but more choice is good.

Anyway looking forward to Google Maps update on the N4 :)

A good point Steven. You are spot on. More people seeing Stock Android is a very clever idea.

Carl

Should we be thinking of the new GS4 Google Edition as,

The new Samsung Nexus 5 ?

It would be the ideal spec for it to be a Nexus 5.

Carl

Not bad logic :) After another week the Nexus 4 battery life is perfectly fine for my usage and can easily get through a day for overnight charging. The *only* thing that bothers me is the lack of onboard storage for my music collection. Now who is nuts enough to spend £500+ for the sake of storage space? Hmm

Not bad logic :) After another week the Nexus 4 battery life is perfectly fine for my usage and can easily get through a day for overnight charging. The *only* thing that bothers me is the lack of onboard storage for my music collection. Now who is nuts enough to spend £500+ for the sake of storage space? Hmm

Whats wrong with Play music?

Whats wrong with Play music?

Play Music is brilliant.

I have 5000 songs on it. I go to my parents or my brothers and log into Google and there is all my music to play.

We did this on New Years Eve and it was great.

Battery life is good for me, but I'm a medium type user.

Carl.

Play Music is brilliant.

I have 5000 songs on it. I go to my parents or my brothers and log into Google and there is all my music to play.

We did this on New Years Eve and it was great.

Battery life is good for me, but I'm a medium type user.

Carl.

Oh I know is great, I have most of my collection uploaded to it, I was suggesting it for Steven .... :thumbsup:

Oh I know is great, I have most of my collection uploaded to it, I was suggesting it for Steven .... :thumbsup:

Yes I did gather that. I was just adding to your post saying how much I liked it and how good I find it.

For Steven too :smashin:

Carl.

Yes I did gather that. I was just adding to your post saying how much I liked it and how good I find it.

For Steven too :smashin:

Carl.

Oh I see :smashin:

I'm still really gutted they didn't announce a new Nexus 7 or 10!

LOL , Not only do you have anger issues, you are depressed. :rotfl: :rotfl:

LOL :rotfl:

But on a serious note, do you think Google is trying to be a little Apple-esque by holding a separate event for new products instead of at the developer conference? I really want that tablet soonish lol

LOL :rotfl:

But on a serious note, do you think Google is trying to be a little Apple-esque by holding a separate event for new products instead of at the developer conference? I really want that tablet soonish lol

Absolutely they are.

The next Google I/O in October or when ever will be hardware specific.

N5,
N7 Update
N10 Update

Carl.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom