google G1 problem

L

lindamac

hi guys i just bought a g1 from timann on these forums the phone is fine but i'm having a problem that hopefully someone can help with the phone came this morning and i got the unlock code for it so i could use it on voda i put the code in and it said unlock succesfull so it then went to the little green android screen asking me to set up a gmail account now it wont connect as i have my voda sim inside the phone.
do i need to get a tmobile sim or is there a way to get this to work so i can use the phone? thanks

ROBIN50N

Mine took a few atempts and am on tmobile.

L

lindamac

hiya robinson i just found some settings from another site to use for vodafone i said start up and new apn then add vodafone as the name and wap.vodafone.co.uk and thats it it then connected and found me a gmail and the phone is now working fine it get my normal signal bars and then on the left of it is a G and 2 arrows, i take it thats all fine then?

ROBIN50N

well yeah but thats getting 2g not 3g, are you in a 3g area?

L

lindamac

well i live up in denbigh north wales so probably the phone isn't working to its full potential and at the moment my boyfriend can't use it anymore as its for his birthday at the begining of next week and i'll be meeting up in london with him tuesday so when i give the phone to him then i'm sure he will know if its getting this 3g connection or not.

saying that wont it say 3g instead of just g that was coming up yesterday once he got it unlocked

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom