• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Google Earth Flight Simulator

Moosh

Hello all

If you've installed the latest version of Google Earth (4.2) then there is a hidden flight simulator available.

If you press: Ctrl + Shift + A (for Windows) or Command + Option + A (for OSX) then a dialogue box will pop up asking which plane you wish to fly (F-16 or SR22) and from which airport.

Full controls are available here:
http://earth.google.com/intl/en/userguide/v4/flightsim/index.html

Cheers
Moosh

L

lisa burrell

i cant keep the d*m thing in the air

Women drivers i guess

with Google earth being 4.2 i thought it would have modernised or updated but this picture honestly is 5 years old. Castlepoint Bournemouth being built. so whats the score or is it true that its something to do with the right privacy act

[email protected]~~

Attachments

• castlepoint.jpg
    castlepoint.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 59
D

Deleted member 30535

So not content with MS Flight Simulator giving the 9/11 pilots some theoretical training, Google now make it a proper simulation! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Pat_C

with Google earth being 4.2 i thought it would have modernised or updated but this picture honestly is 5 years old
Yes, they really ought to photograph the entire world more often for their free software :D

Moosh

i cant keep the d*m thing in the air

Women drivers i guess

with Google earth being 4.2 i thought it would have modernised or updated but this picture honestly is 5 years old. Castlepoint Bournemouth being built. so whats the score or is it true that its something to do with the right privacy act

[email protected]~~

It's more likely to do with expense. Satellite and low level aircraft photography is expensive.

Cheers
Moosh

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom