Google Checkout UK: spend £30, get £10 off

Steven

Senior Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
http://checkout.google.co.uk

At featured stores. To end June 11th 2007 (N.B. Date to be confirmed, any help appreciated)

Mods, please move to relevant forum. I was lost as it has so many places it could go :p

P.S. May or may not be www.ebuyer.co.uk only

I was lost as it has so many places it would go :p
... possibly of some relevance to DVD Bargains forum

didn't know it had started up in the UK, as the Americans over at DVD Talk always go on about the occasional good deal to be had through Google Checkout; and they also go on about occasional problems (refunds for faulty/wrong/undelivered items take ages; can't track orders in the same way as logging into your account with a retailer; etc)

possibly of use for the odd bargain, if not already cheaper through discount codes, Quidco cashback, etc

GOOGLE CHECKOUT SUCKS

I odered an LCD from eBuyer yesterday, using Google Checkout, until today it did not get through eBuyer.

Damn !!
I missed weekend delivery
or probably will have to wait 1 month for the oder to get through, since I found that Google Checkout has a lot of problems here:
http://www.kirb.com/Blog/index.php/2006/07/19/google-checkout-flunks/

_

OK OK OK, I think we get the message!!!

:mad: Did you have to post this same message on THREE seperate threads !

I've removed the other one in GC. There is no need to post everywhere.

I'm not sure I'm liking this £10 off business, it's cost me £750 in the last week! Saved me £90 though, suppose I might as well have taken advantage of it...

Is it £10 off each order placed with eBuyer, or just the first order with them?

Is it £10 off each order placed with eBuyer, or just the first order with them?

Each order, so far I've placed three orders with them an not had a problem with the process. I had to cancel my first order so I just phoned up Ebuyer and they sorted it all out for me.

Well, with items over £80 getting free shipping, there is no point in ordering 2 LCD displays on the same order. Might as well get £10 off two separate orders.

I made two separate orders for HDDs and both payments cleared next day with ebuyer and they still put it in the post same day :smashin: Received them fine

And I have no idea what on earth rondha is on about? Ebuyer ship same day. Even if they only got the order today, they should still ship today to receive for tomorrow, so long as you are willing to pay for weekend delivery. Ebuyer have never delayed shipment for me to wait for funds to clear

Do you need to go through Google Checkout to get the discount?

I saw an eBuyer advert beside the M56 yesterday that said you got £10 off any order over £30. No mention of Google Checkout.

Cheers,
Terry.

Yes, Google checkout only. The ad was probably just being to the point - not very good to be reading loads of words if you're doing 90... sorry 70 :D

can this be used instead of paypal with ebay?

Pete

Unfortunatly not as Ebay have banned it's use. According to them it's because of it's unproven track record but I can't see them liking the competition to Paypal either.

hmmm dont they have a monopolies commission for stuff like this.....ebay suck big time

Not sure if it would apply but yes they do suck.

Unfortunatly not as Ebay have banned it's use. According to them it's because of it's unproven track record but I can't see them liking the competition to Paypal either.

That link was to a story from July 2006! Looks like Google Checkout has been going longer than I thought.

That link was to a story from July 2006! Looks like Google Checkout has been going longer than I thought.
has been going for ages in the US ... only just launched for the UK (although you could've signed up through the US site, but none of the merchants delivered to the UK through google checkout)

I've used them, and it works well enough...Though I do find that lack of tracking a bit of pain as well, but then again it is £10 off :) I've used it in combination with quidco for the maximum benefit :)

Major drawback is that there is no VAT invoice through Google checkout! Bit of a stupid oversight, but one e-mail to eBuyer has sorted that out and I received it in the post....

I've used them, and it works well enough...Though I do find that lack of tracking a bit of pain as well, but then again it is £10 off :) I've used it in combination with quidco for the maximum benefit :)

Major drawback is that there is no VAT invoice through Google checkout! Bit of a stupid oversight, but one e-mail to eBuyer has sorted that out and I received it in the post....

Just looked up quidco and put in ebuyer, is it really only 0.1% off with them?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom