Google Announce Stadia, a new game streaming service

We'll be needing a new gaming section soon for streaming!! If anyone can pull this off it will be Google. I didnt get into the trial last year. Did anyone try AC on chrome?

Can't wait for 8K 120FPS in the future.....assuming i'm on 10GB internet by then of course!

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out anyway!

How can they go through all that presentation without mentioning internet speed requirements? An even worse, how are all report just talking about "the future of gaming" without asking that question?

They probably still haven't got everything finalised, so it is better to not mention it at all, than to under/over promise the speed needed.

I get it but when they go around talking about 4k/60fps and even 8k/120fps it does make me wonder. I cannot see that happening lag free within the next 5 years.

Bad news for the hardware manufacturers if this takes off. Can't see it happen for a few years.

Bad news for the hardware manufacturers if this takes off. Can't see it happen for a few years.

They will be supplying the data centres, they will love it. CPUs, GPUs, APUs, all pro versions not consumer versions. Ram, SDD they will shift billions

reckon internet at homes going to be good enough for ray tracing?

They will be supplying the data centres, they will love it. CPUs, GPUs, APUs, all pro versions not consumer versions. Ram, SDD they will shift billions
I can't see the likes of Sony or MS being happy. I'm sure they won't be supplying the tech for this and apart from first party exclusives where will they make their money? No longer will a publisher need to pay to get on the Sony platform. They'll pay Google instead.

MS has already announced their own service, Project Xcloud and there GDC presentation is happening tomorrow. From what they have already said it seems to be an almost identical service, but if you have Gamepass you can stream any of the games on it to any device, just like Stadia.

I actually stream my Xbox quite a lot, both locally and over the internet. As long as you have the connection speed, it works OK in both situations. I actually managed to complete a Hitman 2 elusive target and get a Silent Assassin rating while I was on holiday in Bangkok, streaming from my Xbox in the UK. From experience, it is very game dependent using current streaming tech, so I'd be really interested to see next gen game streaming.

Of the console makers, should Microsoft/Xbox be the most worried without a solid raft of exclusives? ie Stadia (versus an Xbox) could be a nice complement to a Playstation.

Would Playstation and Nintendo still do ok based on their own games?

Is it realistic to think that all/most big third party (single player) games (that would otherwise sell for £50-60 on console) would be available on Stadia under a Netflix subscription model of c.£10-20 a month on release?

My internet download speed is c.13mbps (it should be much higher). What are the chances of Stadia running 4k 60fps games well (no stuttering, blocking, pixelation, drop out) on that?

MS & Sony won't be worried at all. They are working on their own Streaming Services and other things.

People were negative about the rumours of a Discless Xbox One so no doubt a Streaming Device won't be top of their list.

People will always want a console and not have to rely on a decent connection.

All depends on how they price it and remember Google always like to get into things then drop it a few years later.

I wonder what proportion of the game playing public have a fast enough connection?

apparently you will need a 25mbps connection to stream at 1080p 60fps. wonder what connection you need for a stream at 4k 60fps

apparently you will need a 25mbps connection to stream at 1080p 60fps. wonder what connection you need for a stream at 4k 60fps
That is what it was for the beta last year I think. I'm sure I read somewhere that will be improved upon.

Great!! With my 13mbps I should be able to stream this in 720p 30fps. The future is looking up

220px-Pong.png

Fancy presentation but I think I'll wait and see what Microsoft show off at E3, they've got the content. Stadia is good and all but will probabaly rely on 3rd party publishers.

Also, anything Phil Harrison touches usually goes to Sh** :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom