Goodwood festival of speed 2007

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone going?

ill be going as went last year for 1st time and was great, got free tickets from a member of these very forums :thumbsup:

any idea if theres any more fre ones available anywhere?

if not you can get a 25% discount by quoting ref:smax07.

cant wait, was a great day last year :thumbsup:

Is there any interest in a few going as I wouldn't mind going this year.

There is also the "Goodwood Revival" weekend right at the end of August ( details here ) which also looks like fun.

I wouldn't mind going to both

Really must try and go this year - haven`t been for about 4-5 years and really miss going - every year something happens and I can`t get down - but this year I`m determined to make it down...

Do you know if you can you use this discount code online, or is it for phone orders?

I usually order a couple of combined FOS and Revival weekend tickets (£160 this year) so a 25% discount would be great

If it is for phone orders where has the code come from incase they ask?

Thanks Tony

not too sure if it can be used online mate,
the codes for jag, ford, landrover, volvo employees. from the internal ford magazine

Anyone going?

ill be going as went last year for 1st time and was great, got free tickets from a member of these very forums :thumbsup:

that would be me :) glad you enjoyed it mate.

I've not found any other freebies yet. Maybe the Sunday Times will be doing some more.

Only prob for me is my son is now well over the 'free' age limit :( so it's a bit pricey this year. But am still thinking about it.

that would be me :) glad you enjoyed it mate.

I've not found any other freebies yet. Maybe the Sunday Times will be doing some more.

Only prob for me is my son is now well over the 'free' age limit :( so it's a bit pricey this year. But am still thinking about it.

well cheers chris was a fantastic day, will now be a yearly thing for me, allready booked day off work.

if you do go use the discount codes

roll on the sound of an f1 car at full throttle 1 meter from my ears ;)

Any advice for a Goodwood virgin if I decide to go? What is the difference between Friday and weekends? Is there a good place to take photo's? Any tips most welcome :)

main tip as it was my 1st time last year, bring an umbrella! and comfy shoes, heck maybe a really comfy deck chair, a good camera with lots of memory.

there are sales tents too, so erm avoid bringing bank details, id, or any other way of obtaining credit or purchasing a car ;) otherwise you will just think awwww go on then ill part ex the 1 series for the zonda ;)

Any advice for a Goodwood virgin if I decide to go? What is the difference between Friday and weekends? Is there a good place to take photo's? Any tips most welcome :)

Basically... the whole idea of the weekend is that all the cars are competing to see who is fastest up the goodwood track - like a hill climb event. Starts with cars from turn of the century right through to this years F1 cars.

Friday is practice day. Sunday is race day. Saturday is half way between the two. The cars are timed on the Saturday, but you may not see all the cars going up the goodwood track. You probably see fewer cars up the hill on the Friday.

The startline is a good place for pics as the cars are stationery ;-) You can't get all that close to the track so a long lens would be very useful. There are proper stands that you can pay extra for to get a better view. Did that one years but I don't think it was worth an extra £40.

Take welies and sun cream - as you can never be sure what the wethers gonna do. 1st time I went it ****** it down royally all day. most times the weathers been good though. The pit lanes are great as you can get right up to all the cars - and particularly close to the supercars. It's way better than the motor show as you can stick your pawprints over the latest Astons, Bugattis, Porsches etc and no-one bats an eyelid.

Ther'e plenty of other stuff going on around the track - stalls, events, some free rides (went for a spin round a field in a Porsche Cayenne last year which was great fun - shame they wouldn't let us have a go ourselves. And these porsche guys were properly going for it - witnessed by one poor machine with it's tyres shredded)

all-in-all a great petrol-heads day out.

Oh.... and make sure to get there early (say before 8am) as the crowds can get pretty busy.

just got back!

great day!

however there was a big crash with one of the aston martin db7's all of 10 metres away with the car and debris coming towards us at about 70mph,
it done quite a few spins too, car was a write off!
ill try and post pics but only had my phone so quality will be poo, but im sure the whole crash can be found on web soon anyhow,
some poor guy on the opposite side got hit in the eye by debris, the track was a right mess,

great day anyhow, wish i was there sunday try and meet hamilton, the mclaren merc tent is going to be pretty popular sunday me thinks!

Was this the culprit? I missed the crash but caught them taking the car away.

good3.jpg

Actually I've just realised thats a Jag XKR, I must have missed the DB9 completely

cool i thought it was this weekend, hope the weather holds out

heres some ics excuse the quality, wasnt planning on taking pics but after this happened right next to me with the car spinning towards me and the mrs though id grab a pic, a massive chunk of the mud/grass just skimmed the mrs lol

the pictures dont actually show how badly the car was damaged, and he span it loads, it was caught on the main camera which was directly up the track from it, and they showed the replay a few times so sure it wil be available elsewhere soon.
click on pics to make them bigger:

not sure if you can tell but this is a crowd gathering around the injured guy in the stands, and in the bottom right corner is a big chunk of the car which nearly hit us

on a lighter note, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:

You can't get all that close to the track so a long lens would be very useful.

I got quite close....and the girl was quite nice looking too!

Unfortunately thats my friend about to take a ride with Mr McRae not me!

Attachments

• Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 004.jpg
    Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 004.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 011.jpg
    Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 011.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 036.jpg
    Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 036.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 037.jpg
    Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 037.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 039.jpg
    Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 039.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 049.jpg
    Goodwood Festival of Speed 2007 049.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 75
Excellent! Did he win a competition or was it being offered on the day?

He got very drunk at a charity golf day and came home with it in his suit pocket along with a lighter wallet!

We got Subaru WRT hospitality all day too...thats Chris Atkinson in the last piccy!

taking a look on youtube found the crash i mentioned in my previous post.
this is the kind angle we had the pleasure of viewing lol, with it coming towards us:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeW-9Sovb5s

and another angle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfvYP3WEULA

in this one as the car goes to the opposite side of track if you go frame by frame you wil notice a large silver bit go up in the air, it was this that nearly hit us

Anyone going?

any idea if theres any more fre ones available anywhere?

cant wait, was a great day last year :thumbsup:

Daddy k do you know of any discount codes available for this year's FOS (maybe smax08 :)) was about to think about doing my ticket purchases for this years FOS and Revival so 25% off would be good, cheers

25% discount this year by quoting "kuga08"

;)

Thanks Daddy k you're a star, should save me a bit on 2 weekend tickets for the FOS and Revival :thumbsup: - excellent some more funds towards my new EOS40D and 70-200 F4 L IS lens I've just bought with these events being one of their main uses

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom