1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodmans????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by scriblesVurt, Nov 10, 2002.

1. scriblesVurt

scriblesVurt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My misses has bought a DVD home cinema system made by goodmans. When i search for goodmans on the net i can find no offical hompage???? Who manufactures goodmans equipment??

Basicly i want to know if the Goodmans GDVD124K will play avi and mpeg movies that i download and put on disk.

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!!!

Cheers,

Scribs...

2. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. scriblesVurt

scriblesVurt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers, that help, still don't seem to be able to find a goodmans web site though?!? Strange!

4. AV Junky

AV Junky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Had the same trouble when trying to get a (Goodmans) TV fixed a while back.

According to the third TV engineer that I had round, Goodmans don't actually manufacture any of their own stuff. It's all bought in from various manufacturers around the world, then badged as Goodmans. Unfortunately, this means that the engineers have trouble fixing their gear, since they often can't tell who actually manufactured the components inside the box (needed to find the right circuit diagrams and parts etc.).

The one useful thing I did find out is that Goodmans is now owned by the Comet Group. Consequently, the Comet technical people are the ones in the know when it comes to servicing the gear. ;)