1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodmans LD2601 26" LCD ...any good ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Nikral, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Nikral

Nikral
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    'Newbie' here so please bare with me .
    I have seen this 26" LCD screen for sale in a high street store for £699 .
    Here
    It seems to only be available at this store alone , so the price cannot be compared elsewhere .
    The make is GOODMANS and the model is LD2601 . It seems to be pretty good spec wise with 1280x768 resolution and 600 for both brightness and contrast.There are RGB scart connections and component inputs ( although spec sheet says 'NO' to component ! ) along with DVI , a PC input and a built in tuner with teletext . It has progressive scan , PIP and is wall mountable .All or most of the things I needed/wanted seem to be included on this LCD, but is there a catch ?

I have seen this LCD in store and the picture looked pretty good from a dvd , even though it was being fed through co-ax . While playing with the remote I found BBC 1 etc and saw as good a picture as you will in these places . The video signal can only be improved and therefore a better picture will be seen.....right ??

It all seems a good deal but does anyone have any reservations or concerns about the set. I would be very grateful for any advice because as I said before I'm new to this and very fearful of an expensive mistake .

cheers

Nikral

*Sorry .... just found same questions in previously posted thread*

My questions are currently being answered !!!!!!!!!

Thanks .

2. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304