Goodmans GTVL26W17

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by RDC525, Sep 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. RDC525

RDC525
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking for a good but small (26inch max) HDTV to have in my bedroom and play my Xbox 360 on. I was worried about smearing on the LCD TV's so I looked on this site for 100HZ TV's; http://www.zettavolt.co.uk/HDTV/Available_100Hz.html.

There are only two 26" HDTV's on the list, and the Goodmans GTVL26W17H is around £390, which is just below my £400 budget for a TV in my bedroom, so sounds like a good deal...

The problem is, I can not find a single review for it! That's why I made this thread to ask if anyone has any experience with this TV or Goodmans HDTV's in general?

You can get the TV from Dixons and Currys: http://www.dixons.co.uk/product.php?sku=209549&source_id=aw&camp_id=Zettavolt

If no one knows anything, can anyone recommend any small, cheap HDTV's?

The other one I'm looking at it is the LG 26LC2R; http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-26LC2R-Widescreen-Ready-LCD/dp/B000FBFY3M/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/203-8568345-8124727?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1184783629&sr=8-1

Thanks... :)

2. Pontiac

Pontiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I wouldn't recommend that LG - I had the 27LC2R and I'm sending it back. Terrible picture and backlight bleed. I suggest that you get what you pay for when it comes to LCDs and I would really try and stretch that budget a little if I were you and get a decent brand name. I've heard good things about the new Sony 26T3000 for about £480.

3. RDC525

RDC525
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice!

I'm really wondering about this Goodmans though; it's new and 100HZ; one of only two 26" HDTV I found which are. Being able to find almost nothing about it is worrying however, and I don't want to go out and buy it, then take it back the next day.

I know Asda have had deals on some cheap Goodmans HDTV's, which doesn't seem to bode well, but I've never had any experience with them myself so I can't really judge.

If anyone knew anything about this 100HZ Goodmans tele, it would really help!

4. xxTDKxx

xxTDKxx
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know much about the actual Goodmans model your talking about but i've had a 32 Inch Goodmans HDTV for just over a year and it's been a great machine, it's picture quality isn't as sharp as the bigger brands though and i will be looking to upgrade in the new few months.

A well built machine though :smashin:

5. RDC525

RDC525
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds good! This 26" 100Hz Goodmans sounds a little 'too good to be true' for the price, and it having so little coverage is worrying!

I'm still debating with myself whether to play it safe and go with a big brand or take a risk and buy this Goodmans; I'd better hurry and decide though, as I need this HDTV for September 26th!