1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

goodmans GTV42P4

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by plasma newb, Jun 28, 2005.

1. plasma newb

plasma newb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    firstly i am new to this forum so hi to everybody.
    Hope someone can help me,i have recently purchased a Goodmans GTV42P4
    42 inch plasma from argos.Overall i am very impressed with the picture quality
    and everything as a whole however i have one problem which is driving me nuts and that is a terrible motion blurr,the best way that i can describe this is that when the camera pans from left to right or vice versa the image goes very blurry and out of focus also i see a green shadow outlining the image until the camera comes to a stop and then the picture is perfectly fine.
    just to add i have tried every setting available,good quality leads and even a connection via my pc but still get the same problem.I have connected my sons xbox,liteon dvd recorder and my sky digibox and all suffer from the same blurr.I have read through the forums here and have noticed alot of people are able to access service menus on certain models, is this a good thing and if so does anyone out there know of how to access the service menu on this model ?
    Any suggestions and ideas are all welcome - cheers !

2. plasma newb

plasma newb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to add , i have also noticed that by turning the colour setting to zero i am getting a green/purple effect in places, is this normal for plasmas and also any one else getting motion blurr on your plasmas and if so to what extent.
    personally mine is bad to the extent that if someone moves their face on a closeup shot i get blurr.

3. stroppygoblin

stroppygoblin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmm this may not be what you want to hear but - "you pays your money, you takes your choice..."

Plasma Tv's (and LCD's) have always suffered form motion blur, it's due to the way in which the image is generated and displayed. Manufacturers are constantly improving the panels to minimise the impact of this. Most of the high end panels made by Pioneer, Panasonic, Phillips, etc have reduced this to a point where it is unnoticable in their latest sets.

The Goodmans is a budget plasma, what this basically means is that they are not using the latest panels (more likely 2 or 3 generations back) so you cannot expect to see the same level of performance.

Having said all that, it may be that you have a particularly bad one and I would advise either contacting the place you bought it from or hopefully getting some feedback from another forum member who has the same model

:hiya: