• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Goodmans GHDD177DVDR - Rolling picture on TV while recording? Help?!!

K

konfused!

Hi everyone, I am a real beginner so please be patient with me! :)

I have bought a Goodmans DVD recorder which I have managed to set up with my TV and VCR. Only problem is when the dvdr is recording I can't watch a different channel on the tv!! kind of defeats the point of having one. :mad:

I will try to explain my setup:-

Ariel from tv to vcr
RF Coaxial lead from vcr to dvdr
Scart from dvdr to tv

TV has only 1 scart socket ariel in and out
VCR has only 1 scart socket ariel in and out
DVDR has 2 scart sockets ariel in and out

If the dvdr is recording on BBC1 that is the only channel I can watch as when i press a different channel i get a rolling picture of the channel on the dvdr. I have tried changing the cables around. Tried pressing the TV button on the dvdr remote aaaggghhh!!

Any suggestions????

JayCee

Distinguished Member
konfused! said:
Hi everyone, I am a real beginner so please be patient with me! :)

I have bought a Goodmans DVD recorder which I have managed to set up with my TV and VCR. Only problem is when the dvdr is recording I can't watch a different channel on the tv!! kind of defeats the point of having one. :mad:

I will try to explain my setup:-

Ariel from tv to vcr
RF Coaxial lead from vcr to dvdr
Scart from dvdr to tv

TV has only 1 scart socket ariel in and out
VCR has only 1 scart socket ariel in and out
DVDR has 2 scart sockets ariel in and out

If the dvdr is recording on BBC1 that is the only channel I can watch as when i press a different channel i get a rolling picture of the channel on the dvdr. I have tried changing the cables around. Tried pressing the TV button on the dvdr remote aaaggghhh!!

Any suggestions????

Make/model no of TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom