1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodmans GDVD301RP @ tescos

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lukesurrey, Jun 15, 2005.

1. lukesurrey

lukesurrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anybody tried one of the Goodmans DVD recorders in Tesco @ £99.97 ?
    The model number on the box is GDVD301RP but on the tesco label it says GDVD300RW.

ANy info good or bad please! :lease: :smashin: :thumbsdow

2. Powerhead

Powerhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had two of the DVDR300 models and had to return both of them because of problems.

The first had an audio issue whereby the sound would be replaced by 'white noise' half way through a recording - a power cycle would normally cure this but left me with quite a few duff DVD+R's and little confidence about the next recording.

The second (replacement) machine had a lot of bother with RW disks with a message flashing up as 'write error' - I swiftly took that back and got a refund. One thing I should mention is that although packaged and sold as new, both machines had definitely been used before and came complete with grubby finger marks!

On the positive side the machine does a decent job of recording, especially in HQ (1 hour mode) SP (2 hour mode) is also quite decent. The DVDR300 is also multi-region hackable and well festooned with socketry but does not have RGB input - only SVHS or composite. One bonus is that it also does line 23 widescreen switching which a lot of the more 'upmarket' machiners do not.

Mad as I am, I might chance my luck and buy another one which will hopefully be fault free. One more thing the machine can be a bit picky about which blanks it prefers - for instance I could not get it to play any Ritek+R disks that I had burnt on my computer, but it did play everything else.

:smashin:

3. lukesurrey

lukesurrey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that reply. :thumbsup: .I used to own a Phillips ( for 2 weeks) ..I gave it back to Comet..it was awful so I'm looking for a cheapish recorder and spotted this Goodmans. If I do buy it I'll open up the box and make sure it hasn't been used!

4. pjb007

pjb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set our GDVD301RP up yesterday, this morning I thought I would test the Video+ followed Step 1 to pull up the menu but Video+ was not an option.

The instruction booklet has the same model number as the one on the front of the DVD Recorder.

Is Video+ available then?