Goodmans GDB3 faulty audio on SCART?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cerebros, Jul 25, 2004.

1. cerebros

cerebros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Dear all,

Looking for a quick opinion.

Went round to my uncle's today so sort out his VCR and TV channels for him (not quite sure what he's been doing to it all, but he's hopeless with getting the channels into the right positions so he asks me to do it for him). He'd also finally invested in a Freeview box from Richer Sounds, which was a GDB3.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I plugged it in for him and went through the set-up. Found all the channels ok, but got no sound. Checked mute was off on the TV & GDB3, put sound up on box to max, still nothing (sound coming through ok on analogue). Swapped SCART leads round from the one that came in the box to the VCR and then the DVD player SCART lead, both of which get sound from the device. Nothing from the GDB3.

He's going to take the box back and get it changed with Richer Sounds, but is this a common problem or a one-off. If for some reason his next box doesn't work properly, does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap Freeview box in about the same price range (I think he paid about £55 for this).

thanks

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like a faulty box.