Goodmans Auto Standby Problem

shcldixon

Standard Member
Help !!!

I have just moved house and i have a Goodmans GTV42P5DVBT 42" Plasma TV. It was working perfectly at the old house but since installing at the new house the set has started automatically switching to standby every 5 minutes (dead on 5 minutes every time.) Been through all the menu's and read the manual, but nothing to help me in there. Called Goodmans support who told me the usual crap about checking power lead and fuse etc....No help either.

Any help anyone could give would be most appreciated.

bobskiwf

Standard Member
It may be a bit late for me to reply to this thread but it may help others with the same problem.. My Tv of the same model did exactly the same.. I found that it goes automatically on stand by if there is no or a poor tv aerial signal being recieved.. This is how i got over it.. As i only had a Sky box on scart 2.. On switching on tv.. go to digital.. when ask to rescan digital channels choose NO. then it will ask if want to scan anolouge channels choose NO. at this point you can choose what you want to watch as in: scart1. scart 2, digital, Pc, Dvi, Fav, S-Video, or Tuner. The tv will now stay on.... not forgetting that if you have a sky box.. this also has a timer for shut down after a few hours if it is setup to do so.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom