Goodmans 32" deal at Sainsburys

Iangoodall

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I was just wondering if anyone had seen this deal in the Sun newspaper today. If so have you rushed out and bought one ? what do you think to the offer
I cant find what model number the TV or DVD player are - im gonna go up to Sainsburys tmrw to have a butchers.

Goodmans 32" LCD TV
Glass Stand
DVD Player
Surround Sound Speakers
2 Floor Stands for speakers
£499

If you want quality stay away, if you aint bothered about quality and prefer quantity, get it, thats probably something id get for my nan or mum etc

If you want quality stay away, if you aint bothered about quality and prefer quantity, get it, thats probably something id get for my nan or mum etc

Agree.

Its half price though, and it seems a good deal

It depends on your needs, bear in mind a lot of the people on this forum love buying the latest stuff and wouldn't entertain cheap brands like Goodmans, if you're happy it will do a job for you go for it.

I just think its a great price for a great product set up...
People ae too quick to slate things without even looking at specs and stuff - just go on names. Components are pretty much the same.. Silly isnt it - Only looking for constructive advice!

i've seen several goodmans sets and agianst the big brands picture quality isn't great as ever such things are down to personal opinion and once you've seen it if you like it buy it. it just seems likely to have minimal spec's seeing as you didn't post models it's hard to know. I don't think people were trying to be un helpful here they just giving their opinion. it's up to you to decide what to listen too.

I don't think people were trying to be un helpful here they just giving their opinion. it's up to you to decide what to listen too.

Do you believe any of those people have ever even seen the equipment or have looked at the specs - highly unlikely.

Goodmans have been around for years and sold by major stockits so they can't be that bad.

This set is identical to a Grundig set we have at work, and it's absolutely woeful. The picture quality is unbelievably shoddy. You could probably buy a set up of vastly superior quality for a comparable price if you shopped around.

Do you believe any of those people have ever even seen the equipment or have looked at the specs - highly unlikely.

Goodmans have been around for years and sold by major stockits so they can't be that bad.

Admittedly i have not researched the exact model the OP is questioning, but come on its Goodmans, unless something drastic has happened it will not be as good a quality as current models from well known manufacturers as Samsung, Pioneer, Panasonic etc.

Personally i am willing to spend that little bit extra to get quality tech gear, some people aint that fussed which is fine.

Yes Goodmans have been around for years, they are well know for low budget gear.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom