1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodmans 15" lcd and sky remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by evilgareth, Jun 4, 2005.

1. evilgareth

evilgareth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 18 month old goodmans 15"lcd (gtv15lcd model) and i cannot get my sky remote to work for it (tv on/off, volume etc).
    i have tried the 4 digit code and a few three digit ones (tough not sure if i have done the three the right way as its all off the web and not explained in the manual)
    does anyone have this set? does anyone know the code?
    can anyone help me????

cheers

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    To input Tv code into Digibox remote, press "Tv", hold down "Select" and the "Red" button for 2 secs until led blinks twice, press "Tv" again and Input 4 digit code, the led blinks twice again, press "Stby" if set switches off code is correct, press "Select" again to store and led blinks twice.
    If set does not switch off, press "Tv" then "Standby" repeatedly until set switches off then press "Select" to store.

Have you tried the search method as in the second last line above?......because if it does not switch to standby you're snookered :mad:

To check code is correct press "Tv Guide".
    If "Tv Guide" screen does not appear, press "Tv", hold down "Select" and the "Green" button for 2 secs until led blinks twice, key in the prog number on Tv satt is tuned to and press "Select" to store.

3. evilgareth

evilgareth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have tried this but how long should i/is it worth keep going for?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,883
    Probably about 50 attempts, also go into the "Interactive" then "Sky Cust Services" menu where you can do a search for the codes for the latest models by clicking an arrow next to the make of your set, in your case "G" and then you will see all makes beginning with G, scroll to Goodmans and you will see all model nos and their codes.
    Also try any 4 digit codes on this help page for "Vestel" as I'm pretty sure that's who make this model of Goodmans..
    Good luck. :smashin: