Goodman GHDD1782DVBT pausing in playback

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by wonderloaf, Oct 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Bought a Goodmans GHDD1782DVBT from Argos last week, during last few days has started pausing/jumping during playback. After this the sound also goes out of sync (sometimes). :thumbsdow

Anybody else having the same problems?

Needless to say, it's going back under the Argos returns policy.

2. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Just gone and bought a Humax 8000T to replace the Goodmans. Hope I've done the right thing!

3. dh50uk

dh50uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Goodmans, 2 problems:

1. Sometimes in timeslip the sound goes out of synch if you are fast forwarding through the ads, press pause and it catches up.

2. Sound doesnt come through at all when coming back from standby (has happened twice in a month), comes back though quite quickly.

However

Both problems are extremely rare, and the machine works superbly apart from the 2 niggles so Im happy to keep the box for the moment. I think if these issues became worse I would be looking for a replacement, but at the moment I think they are just 2 small issues in a fairly new technology where every box has its quirks.

4. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I get exactly this problem. I was about to post a message about it. First of all I thought it was my Freeview aerial feed, but I now have a separate Sagem FV box feeding my Tivo for recording, and I've never had a single glitch.

However, I have a further problem. I bought it from Empire Direct and within 24 hours of getting it had the remote control stolen by a burglar. I have ordered a new remote control from Goodmans spare parts but it is on an 8 week or longer lead time from the Far East (they didn't think to order some spares at the same time as bringing a new model into the country). As a result I can't return it until I get a remote control again - or can I ?

5. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    When I took mine back to Argos I was expecting a fight, but they just rolled over and gave me my money back, no problems.

Got the impression that we may not have been the first to return a unit.

Because the problem is with the box, and not the remote, thought you would have a good case for a refund (or replacement?). If they're worried about the remote, Goodmans can always team the two up after the remotes come into the country.

What have you got to lose?

6. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Agreed. I'll just watch something else on it and make sure the problem is still there.

7. lastsamurai

lastsamurai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also had the same problems as other members describe with this PVR - sound does not sync on some recordings and there is no sound when bringing the unit out of standby.

I've emailed Goodmans on both issues and am currently awaiting a response - I'll post to this if and when that arrives!

8. wonderloaf

wonderloaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Shame about the Goodmans really, I liked it because it was really slim and clean looking. Also liked the way when in the menu's the picture was kept up in the corner, so you could program and watch at the same time.

Still, I don't have to look at that b****y blue light any more!

9. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    I taped mine off.

Empire Direct have agreed to take it away and repair it. From what I've read of this so far I'll be surprised if they do.

10. Berisford

Berisford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I've bought one with a 'Bush' badge today from Macro for just under £94. Bargain I thought.

Only a few hours old and I've had the 'no sound from standby' problem and that bright blue light is just a little too bright.

However, it's going back 'cause my Sony TV remote does all sorts of strange things to the Bush.

Worst is the volume up on the Sony, it moves the channels up on the PVR so fast it causes it to freeze for a few moments on some Radio station.

Bugger, there was me thinking I'd got a 'stop-gap' PVR untill something better comes along.