1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goodbye LG

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by fanturex, Jul 22, 2004.

1. fanturex

fanturex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all

After 18months/2Years of service, my LG DA-5620 has died.

Due to void warranty it can not be repaired, so with a heavy heart the good lady wife has allowed my up to £400 for a replacement YIPPIE!!!.

I have been looking at some separate options via Richersounds, but am concerned about easy of use. The system must be able to accommodate both audio/video feeds and be able to sustain some heavy music via Kerrang and also Q.

System Ideas from Richersounds:

Pioneer VSXC301
    Gale HT405.1
    DVD Not a clue at min, am running off a Matsui

But am also looking at all in one box solutions, if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Chris

2. bozzie555

bozzie555

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chris,

I've had exactly the same problem as you with my LG DA 5620 except mine only lasted about 12 months and 1 week (died just after the warranty expired). I'm wondering if there is some kind of timer chip inside?? :eek:

Mine too cannot be repaired and I'm currently involved in a war of words with LG to assist me as I don't feel I've received value out of my system.
    So disappointing because it was an awesome system while it worked!!

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Suggestion: Don't buy an all in one system

Dave

4. rooney

rooney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    consider panasonic all in one scht870 1000wats £400 superb price for a suberb system or pioneer dvs990 /99 or any of the new dennons/sony

to the average bloke in the street who doesnt want hassle of amps/dvd/speakers/graphic eq/stands/hassle /etc etc etc

just buy a all in one get it out the box plug it in away you go does what it says on the box

the all in ones mentioned above are all prety aswome cant go wrong

my setup 42pe30 /scht870 /xbox /sky plus / :beer: :rotfl: :cool:

5. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
  6. andy572

andy572
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Welcome to the forums, Chris.

On with the show... er, answer, then :D

Considering your points outlined above (ease of use, style of music), I'd say that an all-in-one (particularly at that budget) will still meet your needs.

From personal experience (I own a Pioneer DCS-303) and forum postings, I'd suggest that you look at the Pioneer and Panasonic options that fit within your price range.

I also own a small Sony system (receiver and speakers) and though it can give a pleasing sound that's full of detail when compared to the Pioneer, whilst giving a good 'thump' from the sub at the appropriate moment, I'd still take the Pioneer as my main system (this week, anyway! :laugh: ) and believe that it would most meet your needs, too. Having said that, it's all just preference and your own experiences may be rather different.

Good luck with your search :smashin:

P.S. It's best to try not to be swayed too far by the figures that are regularly thrown out there. Manufacturers typically use different units of measurement (with the humble millimetre being a rare exception :devil: ) and varying conditions of output ("How much distortion would you like with that, Sir?"). If at all possible, get out there and audition the hardware that piques your interest. If it sounds loud/good/bad/whatever to you, it is :)

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Why an all in one? If you buy the richer option, VSX 301 and a Pio DV464, you will have 1 repote, which will turn your TV/display on and off too, and give you 3 RGB inputs, 2 still spare, for sky/cable/freeview. Much better in terms of usability and performance than any all in one I can think of. The combi. will leave you about £170 for a speaker package. Tannoy? Eltax? See what's on offer, and what you like the look of. I will personally promise you better sound this way than a comparably priced all in one.