Good Wifi Bridge?

Les E

Can anyone recommend a good wifi bridge which will receive a signal from my existing Wifi router and enabling me to connect my BD player via ethernet?

Cheers!:clap:

Kristian

It might depend on your existing wifi router and whether it supports WDS/bridging.

Also look at homeplugs/poweline networking.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I am using one of these Buffalo WLI-TX4-G54HP Turbo G High Power Wireless.. | Ebuyer.com which works like a dream. It will scan for your current wireless then all you need to is enter your wireless passcode and voila, you now have 4 available ethernet ports to use.

I had a similar issue to you, except the other way around. My router was in the lounge with all my AV equipment, but my PC was upstairs with no wifi card (previous ones I had used were rubbish). I've been using it for about 2 years with no drops in connection what so ever.

I had it originally linked to a Netgear DG834G v3 for the best part of two years, but now it is connected to my sky router.
If you have a buffalo router, there is a button on the top of the ethernet converter that you can press and it will just set itself up. Although it is an absolute doddle to use anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom