Question Good white air flow case

brandy123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys while I’m in the middle of upgrading I thought about upgrading from my good old fractal design r5 case.
I fancy a change so want a white case with
side window with some rgb bling with mesh front panel and most importantly good air flow.
So far must be compatible with my parts that I have and waiting upon:
Mobo: msi tomohawk x570
Cooler: Noctua nh-d15
Gpu: msi 3080

looked at the Phanteks P500A but no stock and the Lian li Lancool II

any suggestions?

Cheers bud will have a look.

Every mother and her dog has a O11 Dynamic, enough so that Chinese factories have started to produce look-a-likes - loads of build ideas on Google images. Well reviewed too by all accounts, but unless you go for the XL - it's not considered a good airflow case, nor is the Air variant despite it's name.

Also have a look at Lancool 2 Mesh (one of the best if you want air flow and quiet), BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX, Fractal Meshify C...
More here - Best PC Airflow Cases for 2020 So Far: $60 Budget to $200 High-End - GN do a really good set of reviews on this very subject and well worth a read. O11 is 10 degrees warmer than the Lancool 2 Mesh for example at the same noise level...

Every mother and her dog has a O11 Dynamic, enough so that Chinese factories have started to produce look-a-likes - loads of build ideas on Google images. Well reviewed too by all accounts, but unless you go for the XL - it's not considered a good airflow case, nor is the Air variant despite it's name.

Also have a look at Lancool 2 Mesh (one of the best if you want air flow and quiet), BeQuiet Pure Base 500DX, Fractal Meshify C...
More here - Best PC Airflow Cases for 2020 So Far: $60 Budget to $200 High-End - GN do a really good set of reviews on this very subject and well worth a read. O11 is 10 degrees warmer than the Lancool 2 Mesh for example at the same noise level...

Thankyou for the info.
The Lancool 2 mesh is looking to be the ideal case.
Edit:
great no stock in most places.

but !!!!!!!!
That XL case looks beautiful,
Would my fans that came with the fractal design r5 case be a good idea to transfer into the XL case ?
I do have 6 of them lol

Last edited:
Thankyou for the info.
The Lancool 2 mesh is looking to be the ideal case.
Edit:
great no stock in most places.

but !!!!!!!!
That XL case looks beautiful,
Would my fans that came with the fractal design r5 case be a good idea to transfer into the XL case ?
I do have 6 of them lol

Get the case you like really - if the XL floats your boat go for it, there are some great looking builds in that case and Lian-li make some great cases, especially on the build quality front.
Your fans may fit in SOME of the places on the Dynamic XL - it has a mixture of 120 and 120/140mm fan mounts, sides and back are 120 only and base/top are 120/140mm so depends what you have already.
I have the original non-mesh Lancool 2. It's a very nicely built case with some really nice features, BUT there's a reason they made the mesh one because it's not great at airflow - that said though, my PC has never suffered as a result. I am currently fitting it out with the Lian Li SL120 fans, but they are all out of stock in the UK till end of Nov now, so stuck with just three :( Really love the case.
I am a bit of a moth when it comes to cases, I have 6 in use in various builds and about the same again in the loft including some I spent a lot of money on (4 total Lian-Li cases - love their build quality). I used to do a lot more watercooling and theming than I do these days, but started to get an addiction to small form factor this year downsizing my servers and daughters PC from full or mid towers.

Really like the look of the Lian-li XL
Just in two minds of fans
Do I use my fractal design fans that I already have from my r5 case (x7)
All buy some rgb fans with a mixture of 120/140 sizes ?
If I decided to buy some rgb fans what would people suggest are the go to ones from reviews.

just have to make sure the Noctua nh-d15 black cooler will fit with the two fans connected.

Really like the look of the Lian-li XL
Just in two minds of fans
Do I use my fractal design fans that I already have from my r5 case (x7)
All buy some rgb fans with a mixture of 120/140 sizes ?
If I decided to buy some rgb fans what would people suggest are the go to ones from reviews.

just have to make sure the Noctua nh-d15 black cooler will fit with the two fans connected.
Depends if anything else is RGB really. I'm sure the Noctua will fit.

Depends if anything else is RGB really. I'm sure the Noctua will fit.

will have some rgb rams and some nxt strips

A white case with good airflow you say.
You cant get better airflow than my case.

IMG_6854.jpg

Lian Li 011 is great, i got it and even if you don't go the XL its still good airflow but if you can i see no reason to go XL, i'd upgrade to the XL if i could.

If you want some rbg fans then lian li's new uni fans are worth a punt(altho saying that i don't have them yet)
Thankyou for your info.
I have just bought the XL, so need probably 3 or 4 rgb fans to get some airflow going.
The ones you linked are out of stock so anymore suggestions that are good fans to put inside this case.

So if rgb fans come as a 3 pack would I need 2 packs for the XL case ?
And would they need to be 120mm if the back of the case accepts 120mm, but the rest can be either 120/140mm ?

Any case can can be made white if you're willing to paint. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Any case fan can be made white if you're willing to paint. Just a thought.

fan colour is fine just need to buy some rgb fans to maybe replace these that I have (6) of them, that are from my r5 case.

A buying fans would I buy 3 pairs of these:

1 pair as side intakes on the XLcase.
1 pair at the bottom as intakes
1 pair at the top takeing air out
or

3 pairs and a single at the rear plus with each pair you get the RGB Lighting hub and Lighting Node PRO would I use each hub with each 3 fans or can you connect all of the fans to one RGB lighting hub and lighting node ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom