1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good video senders - help, please.

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Stuart Wright, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,615
    Hi folks,
    we have a couple of pairs of the Philips video senders
    http://www.letsautomate.com/10637.cfm?CFID=42087&CFTOKEN=38213047
    They really are terrible. My pair are set up with the sender and receiver about 20 feet apart on the same floor with a couple of walls in between and no matter how much I tweak it, if I move about in my seat or someone walks inbetween, the signal goes all snowy and most of the time I get complete loss of picture.
    Absolutely rubbish.
    Can anyone recommend a much better video sender which has enough power to cope with a couple of blooming walls?

2. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Well worth searching these forums. Lots of threads about video senders all over the place.

A lot of people recommend the AEI DigiSender but I tried several and found them to be sensitive to audio / video crosstalk which I could neither stop nor get AEI to acknowledge as a real fault (even though I tried three different units).

I ended up with a model by Thompson from Argos, but I don't think you can get them any more.

My advice would be to buy one from somewhere like Maplin or Argos where they have a no-quibble returns policy, try it out and see which works best for you, as they seem to be hyper sensitive to equipment and room layouts and what works for one person may not work for another.

3. brettgriffin

brettgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another thing to consider, these use the same frequency as cordless phones and 802.11 networks. You may find unplugging your phone and access points cleans this up. If it does consider moving or switching your phone/networks to 5.8 Ghz(both) or 900 Mhz (Phone only)

4. godzilla

godzilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah, when I installed a wireless router, it interfered with the video sender and meant you had to switch it off when watching the tv receiving the signal.

Not ideal, especially if one of us still wants to be online!