Good Value for money 5.1 surround sound.

michaelT1888

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, i wanted surround sound for my bedroom, which must have optical input. Any suggestions? I amnt looking to spend over £150, just a good system for my bedroom and my xbox 360. Any help appreciated!!

Michael:lease:

michaelT1888 said:
if anybody can actually be bothered helping i would be grateful

I thought you said you would be grateful? :rolleyes:

Hello Michael it's your favourite moderator here :)

I would suggest that you may get a better response in the "All in One" forum

There are quite a number of user reviews here and they seem to speak positively about it.

Now that system will satisfy you in terms of ultimate volume, 510W is ALOT!
But for a home cinema system you really want it to be THX certified (an industry standard only the best attain) especially for fast paced gaming.
I see that the Sony system isn't, also Sony are not renowned for they're speaker systems.

For the budget you have I would recommend getting the Creative ProGamer G500 as this is THX ceritified and was developed for games. Now you can pick this system up for around £110-£150. Only issue is that this does not come with a decoder, so if you wish to connect to the 360 via a digital TOSlink optical cable you will have to buy one. You can pick one up for around £80, maybe cheaper but I havn't really researched this alot.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=17111743653&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=101640

Yes there is not any reviews for this product on the site but take my word for it this system will be more than capable of reproducinge the Xbox 360's audio more than sufficiently to the standard you require.

Edit - the rest of this post has been deleted by Ian J

Scot you have a great deal of energy for this time of night :D

Staying on topic for once the Logitech Z-5500 is mentioned frequently on these forums as a quality piece of kit for the price :smashin:

ScotRacer said:
Now that system will satisfy you in terms of ultimate volume, 510W is ALOT!
But for a home cinema system you really want it to be THX certified (an industry standard only the best attain) especially for fast paced gaming.

I'm afraid that isn't true. Once upon a time the THX logo in home cinema stood for something with THX approved systems retailing for many thousands of pounds but it was devalued significantly a few years back when THX started sticking their logo on just about anything if the manufacturer would pay for the priviledge and now that you can buy THX approved toasters and microwaves I don't think that anyone takes it seriously.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom