Good value cable store

P

Pete Delaney

Hi folks,
I have been surfin most of the afternoon trying to find component video cables and succeeded eventually when I came across this place:

http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/index.html

Definately worth a look, the 'brand name' cables looked to be good value and the 'generic cables' were exceptionally well priced

:smoke:

Regards
Pete....

Originally posted by Pete Delaney
Definately worth a look

I did have a look and it seems to be a new company. I notice that whilst they accept Paypal they don't take credit cards which rules me out as a customer as I prefer to have the protection of the credit card company if anything goes wrong with a transaction

I just bought a 10m scart and 10m component cable from them. Paid by paypal at 3pm with special del option and sure enough they arrived at 10am the next day.

Component cable was ~£12 and quality is great.

Good luck to them!

I think this guy is offering 'plain good value'. His 5m Ixos component video cable was £15 cheaper than anywhere else I had found.:clap:

Techno: I'm very pleased your happy with the quality of your component cable, that suggests the 'generic' stuff he is selling is terrific value and is capable of delivering a decent signal.:)

I have also ordered one of these cables (I was concerned it was a price/quality gamble) so your post was reasuring.:smoke:

Cheers
Pete...

Originally posted by Ian J
I did have a look and it seems to be a new company.

The domain name was registered in January 2003 but even if he has been trading for longer than that my point remains that I wouldn't buy from a commercial organisation that didn't accept Visa or Mastercard as you lose the protection that paying by credit cartd gives you.

Paypal isn't the same as anyone can open a Paypal account in two minutes but the banks tend to check out the credit ratings of retailers fairly carefully before giving them a credit card facility.

Hi Ian,
It sounds like this company is relatively new and probably a very small outfit. Hence the fact you can't pay by credit card, however, if the company wishes to 'grow' then I would hope they would provide good after sales service. Mind you if you are purchasing 'solid state' items for £35 or less I think it's worth a shot.;)
In general I am whole heartedly behind your credit card statement, they offer essential protection on purchases. I should know after recently buying a Z1 an 83" screen a dvd player a 28" TV a new set of speakers, oh and some cable!:D :D :D

I thought that the card protection was for over £100 only, so if your buying £30 worth of cable it doesn't mean anything anyway.

After see this post last night thought i'd have a look as i've been after a 10m s-video cable to hook up my sub for ages and couldn't find any over 5m long.So to my surprise they had a 10m lond unbranded all for the pricely sum of £8.50 deliveried :D
Now to wait and see how long it takes to arrive

Originally posted by Ian J
The domain name was registered in January 2003 but even if he has been trading for longer than that my point remains that I wouldn't buy from a commercial organisation that didn't accept Visa or Mastercard

Hi m8 the resone he dose not accept Visa or Mastercard is becouse the website that you can see is his EBAY shop website

Hi Guys,

Me or audiovisualonline has no links whatsoever with tvcables. We take credit card payments on a secure server designed by professionals. I think or would guess that tvcables design their own site from the look of it. I would also guess that they are frequent visitors to our site as their layout etc is pretty similar and would explain why people may think it is us.

Originally posted by thxultra
After see this post last night thought i'd have a look as i've been after a 10m s-video cable to hook up my sub for ages and couldn't find any over 5m long.So to my surprise they had a 10m lond unbranded all for the pricely sum of £8.50 deliveried

Not sure why you'd want an S-video cable to connect a sub :confused: however cpc has a 10m s-vid cable for £3.06+ it's part # AV06887.

It's a velodyne DD which you need to connect to your display to use the EQ feature.

Attachments

• responce 1.jpg
    responce 1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 552
Hi all,

I saw quite a few orders come in from this link so I thought I would enlighten you as to who we are.

TVCables is the trading name of Nimbus Designs Ltd, a family business started in 1980. If you check the company registration number at Companies House it shows how long we have been trading.

The primary business of the company, until recently was engineering design. We still provide electronic design and consultancy services particularly in the field of high speed digital electronics for radiation hard environments.

As you have found we have now moved into retail sales and within the next two weeks or so will have full merchant account services online.

Let me also correct a couple of points in the thread, the website is not an Ebay shop, although we have an Ebay shop (TVCables).

Credit card transactions over £100 are covered under the consumer credit act irrespective of the merchant used to collect the payments (Paypal, Worldpay, HSBC etc).

Payments under £100 would be covered by Paypal's buyer protection plan if you are a member of Paypal. You will NEVER get that service from your credit card company.

Even when we go to full merchant services I will never drop Paypal for those customers who enjoy the added protection.

We pride ourselves on customer service and quality products, if you ever have a problem don't hesitate to contact me on the sales email address or my personal address [email protected]

We look forward to your custom.

Regards to all,
Andy Smith BEng(Hons) CEng MIEE
Managing Director

Hi guys, can anyone leave feedback on the quality of the standard svideo, sub, coax cables, and service, thanks,

I want to end up with Mark Grant cables but until I move house and make my mind up where I am sitting everything etc, I thought this could be the answer

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for your response Andy and welcome to the forum!:)

As thread starter I must assure you I do not want free products for life just because I promoted your cable store.:D

Honestly I don't, no I insist I don't really, not a thing for free, no commision, no new cars or free holidays I would not accept any of those things, so don't even try.:cool:

;) ;) ;)

Cheers
Pete....

PS expecting my component vid cable to arrive today:D

Pete, when you get chance to try the cable, can you please leave a reply with the results m8

Thanks

Mark

Will do,
I'm expecting Sony 730 to arrive weds or thurs....I can't try it on my current dvd as it has not got component out, so watch this space...:smoke:

Taz69
i hade a 10.m SUB cable and its nice ofc stuff i think its about 6.mm thick

Cheers Slim and Pete, also do they respond to emails quickly or within a while etc.

Cheers

Taz

Taz

Got a 10m Component for connecting DVD to PJ, very pleased with quality. Also have a 10m Svideo from them, again nice quality and great price.

Cheers

the only problem i hade was delivery time it was ulmost a week before it turnd up but i think that was down to R'M

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom