Good value business projector?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by D J Fryer, Jun 15, 2004.

1. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    My wife's firm are after a projector for presentations etc. Not sure what their exact requirements are (I have asked) but they have been recommended (by someone?) either of these: -

Infocus X1
    Epson EMPS1
    Panasonic PT-LC56E

All are sub £1K and this is the price band we should be looking at. Basically the best value/performance ratio is what we are after.

Would be grateful for any opinions on those listed or alternatives - then I can go away and gen up using projectorcentral.com

Thanks!

2. Kitten

Kitten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Who would advise home cinema projectors for a business ???

For good projectors under £1000 why not look at the Hitachi CPS235 (1600 lumens, SVGA) or the Sony VPL-ES1 (1500 lumens, SVGA).
    And if the budget stretches to £1000 ex VAT you could look at the Toshiba TLP-T60 (1500, XGA) or the Hitachi CPS318 (2000 lumens, SVGA).

3. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I didn't think that the models listed were wholly recommended for Home Cinema - Projectorcentral seems to place them in the budget business arena as well as 'coping' with home cinema if needed.

I'll have a look around the models you have listed, many thanks.

4. Kitten

Kitten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well the Panasonic LC56 is a business projector. It would be suitable.

The Epson EMPS1 is an allrounder (my mistake for calling it home cinema, I was thinking of the TW10).

But the Infocus X1 is hardly business: it's just a Screenplay 4800 (home cinema projector) with a different name, it's DLP (LCD is better for data), it's 1000 lumens which makes it difficult to use in any normal office with windows.
    Of course you can use it for business use, but it's far from being ideal.

If your wife's company need to use the projector without having to close all the blinds and turn the light off they should look at projectors above 1500 lumens.
    If they are going to use it with desktop computers and only to show powerpoint they can go for SVGA resolution. But if they are going to use laptops or show detailed information like excel sheets and stuff where there's a lot of text they should look for XGA.

Good luck in your search.

5. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks Kitten - all that is very useful. I have asked them loads of questions which will help me narrow it down but any input from others who have done the same thing is always appreciated.