Good USB hard drive?!

Matt1141

Novice Member
Reaction score
Now that the 360 supports up to 2tb on USB hard drives can anyone recommend a good one please? I think I'll only ever use up to 500gb and I'd even be happy with a 250gb or 320gb, depends on price really. Thanks.

You do realise you can get a 500gb internal HDD for the 360, right?

I've hit around 40 games installed and downloaded and I still have about 80-something GB left.

I've been away from the 360 scene for a while but just booted mine back up recently.

when did they introduce the ability to plug in 3rd party hdd? Will any drive work?

You've been able to do 16/32gb for a few years now but 2tb only for a few days. As far as I'm aware the console tests the HDD to make sure it's up to scratch, this is why I asked for a recommended one.

Thought that was only compatible with the slim version?!

I forget that not everyone traded up from the original, fat Xbox360 to the slim.
Those original were far more unreliable than the slim.

Saying that I've had mine over 7 years and it's still going.

I went through 4 fat 360's before I traded up for the slim.
My first one(bought in august '06) redringed just within it's first year so I took it back to where I bought it and had it exchanged.
That one last about 6 months before it RR'ed and was sent away to MS.
When I got it back it again only last 6 months before I got another RRoD and sent it away.
This time it happened right on top of the GoW2 release, so I bought a back up(HDMI model) which I used at first until I got the refurb'ed unit back, and then went back to it when I got a new TV.
I kept them until early 2011 when I had a giant clearout of games and unused consoles, and I traded up for the slim.
That only encountered problems last year due to an HDMI fault.
I still use it, even though I have an X1, and have even bought the 500GB HDD for it.
It looks very nice sitting next to my X1, being the same colour.

I forget that not everyone traded up from the original, fat Xbox360 to the slim.
Those original were far more unreliable than the slim.

I have a "fat" 360. Think it's one of the first Jasper models. Will the hard drive work on this?

Sorry to bump this, but have just bought a 360 for a bit of I suppose "retro" gaming and to play a few oldies that can be had nowadays for mere pence it seems! So can I plug my 1TB HD I have into the 360 and use it for game installs and XBLA installs / saves etc? The one I bought was cheap and didnt include an attached HD (but console is close to new) and I thought I'd have to buy one separate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom