Good Upgrades

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JKPLATT, Nov 6, 2004.

1. JKPLATT

JKPLATT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please Help And Forgive Me If This Comes Out Wrong As First Time User, I Currently Run A Cheap Prog Scan ( Ebay£40) Through A Panasonic Ptae100 Projecter With Sound Via Sony 940 Amp And Take 5.1 Speakers Which Is Only Used To View A Dvd Movie On A Friday Night, I Enjoy Watching A Film Only Once,not Repeat Viewings.
    Whilst Owning 200 Cds Music Performance Is Not Critical.
    My Daytime Viewing Is Skyplus Through Rgb Scart To A 37 Inch Toshiba Crt Television.
    I Want To Improve The Friday Cinema Feeling Which Is Currently Wow With A Reasonable Upgrade And Am Considering Upgrading To A Denon 2910 Dvd To Utilize The Video Upscaling Through My Projecter. Is This The Best Point To Start From Or Should I Be Looking At The Amp/projector Or Speakers???? Please Advise

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I would perhaps consider selling the AE100 and buying an AE700 or Z3 with the money you would have spent on the 2910 and perhaps pick up a DVD player to compliment the PJ Pioneer 575 or a secondhand TOSH/PIO/denon ex high end model
    Or consider something like an Iscan ultra scaler

3. JKPLATT

JKPLATT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks again, but does the projecter upgrade seem a good value move, would you know whats better about the pt700 than my pt100.....thanks

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    better contrast and brighter better connections (HDMI etc ) and i think its a higher res LCD also the chicken wire effect is hardly visible even at short vieing distance on the 700...

5. JKPLATT

JKPLATT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks So You Obviousley Think The Projecter End Not The Dvd Output End Is The Weakest Link, But Is This Still A Best Option For When I Use The Dvd Possibly Thru A Hitachi 42dp5200 During The Week Or Am I Just Making This Equation Complicated...thanks

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I think they both are mate and the hitachi in my opinion would be another weak link..............