Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

good tv for less than a grand.....

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by BlinkzExtreme, Sep 14, 2001.

1. BlinkzExtreme

BlinkzExtreme

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys, i'm at uni and i wanna get a nice widescreen to watch my dvds on (am sick of tiny 17" computer screen). any one got any adivce? at the mo the best is looking like the JVC WFT1....wot do ppl think of this tv? any other suggestions??? thanks in advance.

2. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I've had a Sony KV32LS35 for a week now. First impressions are excellent. Trounces the Panasonic 36PG50 and 32PK3 that I've had before. John Lewis price matched Empire Direct (£1030), who also still have the KV32FX20 for £830. My advice - avoid Panasonic whatever you do!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree that Panasonic haven't covered themselves in glory with the PG series but you'd be doing yourself a disservice ignoring the PK series. They have a different chassis to the PGs and a very good reputation to boot (check previous posts on PK1 and PK2 series which use the same tube/chassis). Save yourself £230 and get JLP to price match a TX32PK3 at £799.

reg

4. Keiron

Keiron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Have to disagree with the comments on the PK. I had a 32PK3 (same as PK1) - and though initially impressive, it was packed full of faults (all deemed "within specification" as far as Panasonic were concerned): horizontal scrolling bands on peak colours on RGB, darkening in corners and at left and right edges of screens, rippled glass in corner, dreadful moire in centre, uneven focus across screen, audio breakthrough on AV2...should I continue?<br />I know I'm not the only one who had these problems - I had many emails from other owners with similar problems. Search the various forums and you'll soon find out. <br />I think there are good and bad samples of every model on the market - you may get lucky and get a good one, but do your research to minimise the risk of getting a duff one, 'cos I can tell you it's a right pain in the arse if you do!

5. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the JVC 32wft1 and am very pleased with both audio and visual.I paid around £745 from qed,Id also add I think its as good as it gets for the price.If you dont have 5.1 or a seperate sound system, for a nicam set the JVC sound is amazing.