Good TV for £500 max

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by David A, Jan 19, 2003.

1. David A

David A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you guys reccomend a widescreen TV for £500 or less - I've seen that the Phillips 32PW6006 can be had for £490 inc P&P.

Its for my sister, who I've bought a Tosh 220 DVD. She may also get one of those set top digital boxes later on in the year.

It doesn't have to be an all singing all dancing type of TV just good enough for the odd DVD and watching tele!

Cheers

Dave

2. David A

David A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No thoughts? Any one - please.

Dave

3. jimboy

jimboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought the jvc 28r25eks from john lewis bluewater store they pricematched rgb direct 499.95. plus with john lewis you get a 5 year warranty not bad seing as currys-dixons want well over 100.00 for the warranty and 600.00 for the tv. so in reality you save well over 200.00 quid. i am well happy with the tv once i finally got it set up right the sound from the dolby pro logic is a lot better than my cheapo goodmans surround system. hope this can help.

4. Mark Spanner

Mark Spanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Do your homework!

As said John Lewis will price match + a nice 5yr warrany.

Look on these forums, try websites ie. what hi-fi, home cinema choice, what tv + video etc, buy the mags themselves.

A few hours of research can not get a great set for the money but save you a packet too! :D

5. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Depends if you want a 32" or not.

I was looking for a £500(ish) 32" yesterday as Comet have written my current one off.

I'd narrowed the choice down to a Sharp 32JW73H, Sanyo 32WN5, and Philips 32PW6006, all at about £450 plus delivery. I was going to go for the Philips, but in a moment of madness/weakness spent the extra and ordered a Philips 32PW6506.