1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Surge Protector For LCD

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by RyanK, Oct 11, 2005.

1. RyanK

RyanK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  2. skeet94

skeet94
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been using a Belkin SurgeMaster 8 way strip for almost 8 years now. No problems whatsoever when lightning strikes although I am looking at buying a Power Conditioner as well now since my NAD amp has a tendency to go "pop" whenever a power switch is turned on or off anywhere in the house.

I'd say look into a Power Conditioner if you're in it for the long term, and suspect you'll get addicted to the hobbie :). Otherwise just pick up a Belkin Surge Protector :).

3. RyanK

RyanK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    power conditioner? can you post any links? :lease:

4. lex read

lex read
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've been using Belkin Surgemaster and Pure AV range for a couple of months. Can't comment on the surge protection per se, as it hasn't been tested yet. One good point is that it has certainly helped on the freeview reception - it still blocks up at times, but it has reduced screen freezing by about 25%.

Amazon were selling some of the Belkin isolator series strips for half price (circa £40) - these may also be worth considering if you have the cash, but I can't comment on the improvement that the "isolator" element adds to the basic surge protection and RFI filtration.

5. njp

njp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    That's because it hasn't struck. If it ever does, you'll be needing more than a Belkin SurgeMaster!